Second (NHTSA) complaint re stop safely now warning

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewired

There are now two complaints regarding the "stop safely now" issue on the NHTSA website:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResultsByUrlCode.action?referenceSearch.requestId=3301&referenceSearch.urlCode=E1I1GX1UG8NGPMQ

firewired said:
There are now two complaints regarding the "stop safely now" issue on the NHTSA website:

There is about to be one more. It's a serious issue, and could lead to injury or death if our cars loose ability to accelerate while already in motion, suddenly with no warning. When this happened to us this morning we were on a highway and in significant harms way until help arrived.

I am beginning to think more and more that the only way to get a timely response from Ford is those that have experienced the malfunction to go ahead and report. FFEs are a low volume vehicle, so the overall number of occurrences is small.

I had two "stop safely now" messages, and I was able to do exactly that. Stop. Safely... Three miles from the initial message. I had every opportunity to drive the vehicle to an easy stop wherever I wanted.. Are you saying your car stopped moving? Or you just got the message on the screen?

pciccone said:
firewired said:

There is about to be one more. It's a serious issue, and could lead to injury or death if our cars loose ability to accelerate while already in motion, suddenly with no warning. When this happened to us this morning we were on a highway and in significant harms way until help arrived.

Back