Options and dealer invoice

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulj

I'm about to purchase a new FFE, any opinions on the options I'm planning on?

White Platinum Metallic Tricoat
Exterior Protection Package
Leather-trimmed Bucket Seats
Carpeted Cargo Mat - 5 Door
Carpeted Floor Mats with Logo
Homelink visor (try to negotiate inclusion)

Anything I'm missing?

Is there a good place online to see the dealer invoice on this?

paulj said:
I'm about to purchase a new FFE, any opinions on the options I'm planning on?

White Platinum Metallic Tricoat
Exterior Protection Package
Leather-trimmed Bucket Seats
Carpeted Cargo Mat - 5 Door
Carpeted Floor Mats with Logo
Homelink visor (try to negotiate inclusion)

Anything I'm missing?

Is there a good place online to see the dealer invoice on this?
Except for the leather and HomeLink, that is what I got. I also got the larger battery pack. (Just kidding.) :lol:

I have one important tip: I negotiated inclusion of the "Carpeted Floor Mats with Logo", thinking they were something better than the (undoubtedly) el cheapo stock mats. Disappointment. I should have asked to see the logo mats first. Turns out, they are same as the stock mats. The just have a logo embroidered in them... and only on the fronts at that! The backs are literally exactly the same mats as already come with the car. IMO, the floor logo mats are not worth it, unless they will throw them in free.

As for the rear cargo mat, you might want to check that it actually fits the back of the FFE, due to how the battery protrudes. (Maybe somebody else here as the cargo mat and can tell how well it works?)

I'm not sure the HomeLink can be included, thought it might depend on your dealer. I asked at one, and it's not an official part for the FFE, so they thought it was sort of unusual to ask for. (Others here have said, since the normal visors are powered for vanity lamps, it should be possible to install the HomeLink visor.)

Lastly, make sure your dealer knows that "Exterior Protection Package" means "four-wheel splash guards". My dealer thought I was asking for something else and quoted me hundreds of dollars for some kind of spray-on undercarriage protection.

I was able to buy the identical visor except with homelink online as a Ford part. It plugged in in just a couple of minutes. Was a simple swap out, cost about $60.

"Exterior Protection Package"

Car dealers are still the same as '$300 pinstrip option' days of 25 years ago.
I am 100% behind Elon MusK for Tesla doing business without dealerships.

Interior mats were included by the manufacturer without any extra money.
Granted, those do not have Ford logo on them.
Is the dealer ripping you off by hiding the mats that came with (soon-to-be-) your car?
Or, is the blue Ford logo on the mats you really cannot live without?

firewired said:
I was able to buy the identical visor except with homelink online as a Ford part. It plugged in in just a couple of minutes. Was a simple swap out, cost about $60.
Cool. Do you have a link to where/how to buy the part, as well as any tips for installation?

AireV said:
Is the dealer ripping you off by hiding the mats that came with (soon-to-be-) your car?
The salesman I've been talking to, Bill Bayne at Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego, has been great! Very knowledgeable, not pushy at all. It was my assumption that since there was an option for mats it didn't come with mats, so thanks for the clarification that the option is basically for the logos.
I did talk to another salesman at a different dealership that told me the FFE also had a gas engine, yikes!

paulj said:
I did talk to another salesman at a different dealership that told me the FFE also had a gas engine, yikes!
Wow, I hope you had fun with that. Did you ask him if it runs on regular, or just premium? Which side of the car is the filler on? Does it have a locking gas cap? How big is the tank?

My name is Thomas Cinelli from Hassett Ford and I have two 2012 Ford Focus Electric in

stock. White Platinum and Oxford White with Light Stone leather.

Buy the White Platinum MSRP of $ 41,485 for $ 29,999 and get 0% for 60 months

from Ford Credit plus you get a $7,500 Tax Credit.

Buy the Oxford White MSRP of $ 40,990 for $ 29,495 and get 0% for 60 months

from Ford Credit plus you get $ 7,500 Tax Credit.

Please e-mail me back or call me at 516-809-4401 or just text me.

IF You have a non-Ford lease at your address take off another $ 1,000 .

Do not wait and will shipped the car to any state.

AireV said:
Actually, the logos on these mats say "Focus" in gray. I certainly could have lived without them. I thought they were going to at least have nicer carpet in addition to the logos.

But, yes, the un-logoed (but identical) mats come with the car, so don't let the dealer tell you otherwise. My dealer gave me both (the ones I bought, plus the stock ones) and that is how I saw they were both the same.

Back