New Recall - 3G modem?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awefulspeller said:
It's Jan 1st, 2017 and my 2G modem still works with MFM! Turn the car in tomorrow for the recall/upgrade. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Modem upgrade complete, no issues. Dealer also had the door handle recall in stock and replaced that while I was there. Total about 3 or 4 hours. Used the shuttle service.

Did notice that the time zone on my myfordmobile.com somehow changed to the wrong time zone resulting in my GO Times not heating the car at the desired time. Not sure if related to recall service or not.

Sorry to come back to an old topic but I scheduled service today for my 2016 FFE (differential and TCU re-program)
AND NO MODEM replacement shows up on my recall anymore! I kept bugging the service guy and he can't see it.

I was pretty sure I received a recall letter for it a while back but it might have been for my '14FFE which I no longer own.

What gives? Car still communicates albeit very slow and unreliably.

EDIT
I looked up my old '14FFE VIN and the 15N04 recall shows up. along with 12M02 and 16S30

When I took in my 2013 FFE, the service guy told me that the recall for the modem was valid for less that a year from that date. It's apparently time limited, somehow. Not a safety recall, I suppose.

fbitz777 said:
Sorry to come back to an old topic but I scheduled service today for my 2016 FFE (differential and TCU re-program)
AND NO MODEM replacement shows up on my recall anymore! I kept bugging the service guy and he can't see it.

I was pretty sure I received a recall letter for it a while back but it might have been for my '14FFE which I no longer own.

What gives? Car still communicates albeit very slow and unreliably.

EDIT
I looked up my old '14FFE VIN and the 15N04 recall shows up. along with 12M02 and 16S30
The '16s didn't come with the 3g modem? I may be wrong but I though the old modems were 2g and the entire 2g network was supposed to be shut down by Jan 1st 2017. That was the reason for the modem replacement. Since your modem is still communicating I would think that it has to be the 3g modem.

Back