Lifetime regen miles...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimB_FFE

When the car is shut off, we get a display of lifetime regen, Wh/Mile, and brake score.
My regen is stuck at 99 miles. Is that the case for everybody?
I've got 22k miles and it's been like that forever.
Is there any way to get it unstuck?

JimB_FFE said:
My regen is stuck at 99 miles. Is that the case for everybody?
No, mine goes above 99.

Interestingly, a while back somebody else had the same type of problem, but his regen was stuck at 99 kilometers, not miles.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1216

Even though the units are different, the "99" in both yours and his case seems a bit coincidental, eh?

Has your FFE had all the recall and other firmware updates applied? (I don't mean the MFT software, I mean the drivetrain firmware.)

JimB_FFE said:
...how many regen miles are you up to?
Since my regen miles were zeroed out at the software update, I concentrate more on the lifetime regen percentage. Before the update, I was at 97%. After the update, I'm at 98%. I attribute the higher number to my learning curve when I first got the car. Now, I try for 100% on each stop. One hard brake at 80 or 70 doesn't effect the overall score much.

JimB_FFE said:
Watts up, how many regen miles are you up to?
Currently, I'm at 465 miles of "lifetime" regen -- but that's after having the recall updates applied about 7 weeks ago, which reset the lifetime counters. Before that, I believe my lifetime regen was around 3500 miles, after almost one year of driving.

Oh well. Trying to fix being stuck at 99 miles is not worth the hassle of another master reset. I think I'm just going to let it remain stuck.

Just one more data point - my lifetime regen has gone past 99 miles twice; before and after the SSN recall.

General question - My regen miles equal about 10% of my total miles traveled. What are other people seeing and what type of driving do you normally do?

My commute is 20 miles round trip with about 15 miles on the freeway at 60-65 and the rest on surface streets at about 35-40 with a number of traffic lights. My average brake score is 98-99% depending on the day.

Cheers, Oilman

I currently have 465 miles after about 3500-4000 miles. So, that's about 12%.

My commute and driving patterns are very close to yours.

Back