Lease terms on FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leased a 2013 FFE with leather for $239/mo (including all taxes and fees) for 36 months at 10,500 miles/year with $1000 down that included first month payment. Residual is $19k. Thought it was too good a deal to pass up.

Was just approved for the $2500 California Rebate, but it might take a few weeks to get the check.
Must lease for at least 36Months to get the California Rebate.

Live in San Diego, CA area.

That is an awesome deal! The car price must've been nearly $3000 below invoice! Today I paid $1500 down and $261/month including all fees and taxes, 36 month lease, 10.5k miles/yr. My car has the optional platinum white paint but no leather.

I could tell the car was sitting on the lot for a long time because the 12V battery was dead and the build date of the car is 9/2012.

Are you sure you're eligible for the $2500 CA rebate? My salesman told me that it was part of the $10750 rebate included in the lease.

jcjj said:
Leased a 2013 FFE with leather for $239/mo (including all taxes and fees) for 36 months at 10,500 miles/year with $1000 down that included first month payment. Residual is $19k. Thought it was too good a deal to pass up.

Was just approved for the $2500 California Rebate, but it might take a few weeks to get the check.
Must lease for at least 36Months to get the California Rebate.

Live in San Diego, CA area.

brad said:
Are you sure you're eligible for the $2500 CA rebate? My salesman told me that it was part of the $10750 rebate included in the lease.

The dealer did not say anything about the California Rebate as part of the $10,750, just the Federal Tax Credit.
The California CVRP board approved my paperwork and said check would be mailed within 60 days.

Has anyone else who's gotten the latest Lease deal also received the CA $2,500 Rebate?

I suspect that if you go to the CVRP website directly, you will be able to convince yourself that lesees are eligible:

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

It states in the PDF containing applicant requirements:

Eligible Applicants must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Be an individual, business, nonprofit or government entity that is based in California or has a California based
affiliate as specified in Section 3.3 of the CVRP Implementation Manual.
2. Be a purchaser or lessee of a new Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV) or Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) as
specified in Sections 2.2 and 2.3 of the CVRP Implementation Manual.
<etc>

We are lessees, Ford is the lessor. The application process weeds out those that are ineligible, and it took my application without a hitch. I turned in my application on Saturday with a copy of my permanent registration and other docs. Note that you will have 14 days after applying to mail the paperwork.

$259 a month, 36 months, zero out of pocket to start. Paperwork went out for CA $2500 rebate yesterday.

Where were you all when I was leasing? :p I didn't have these real world price comparisons to guide me!

Anyways, congrats on the new wheels.

Hello all,

I'm considering buying either an FFE or a Leaf. I like the looks of the Focus better, but the Leaf was a little roomier inside, I guess I'm leaning slightly toward the Ford, but if there's a big price difference that could swing me either way.

I plan to lease - party because it seems there may be other electric vehicles in the next few years I'm interested in making the best deal possible (though I guess everyone is!). I understand Ford is offering $285/month, $930 signing (I think that's still current?). I'm wondering if there's room to negotiate on these factory leases, and how much? I understand that I'll also have taxes/licence/fees on top of the signing cost. I'm waiting to hear back from the local dealer on their offer. Is it easier to negotiate for a vehicle on the lot?

I know I also have home charging station to buy - wonder if they will "throw that in". Assuming no - did y'all go with the one they recommend? I guess you can get them cheaper at Home Depot, though I'm not sure that works for the Ford.

I'm in San Diego.

Thanks!

The lease cost difference is very minimal between a Leaf and a FFE, if you're talking about a 3 year lease (although Leaf leases are generally 12k mi/yr vs. 10.5k/yr). Since the FFE has a lot more options, looks a million times better, and has slightly higher range, I thought it was a no brainer. I just saw a local dealer advertise a FFE for $5000 below MSRP, which is well below invoice. If you have excellent credit, I don't see why you can't get a deal like rlfletch did. If I had seen his deal earlier, I would've negotiated or shopped around a bit more but I'm satisfied with my deal.

justfred said:
Hello all,

I'm considering buying either an FFE or a Leaf. I like the looks of the Focus better, but the Leaf was a little roomier inside, I guess I'm leaning slightly toward the Ford, but if there's a big price difference that could swing me either way.

I plan to lease - party because it seems there may be other electric vehicles in the next few years I'm interested in making the best deal possible (though I guess everyone is!). I understand Ford is offering $285/month, $930 signing (I think that's still current?). I'm wondering if there's room to negotiate on these factory leases, and how much? I understand that I'll also have taxes/licence/fees on top of the signing cost. I'm waiting to hear back from the local dealer on their offer. Is it easier to negotiate for a vehicle on the lot?

I know I also have home charging station to buy - wonder if they will "throw that in". Assuming no - did y'all go with the one they recommend? I guess you can get them cheaper at Home Depot, though I'm not sure that works for the Ford.

I'm in San Diego.

Thanks!

rlfletch said:
$259 a month, 36 months, zero out of pocket to start. Paperwork went out for CA $2500 rebate yesterday.

Is that really ZERO out of pocket? Registration, fees rolled into the $259?

I just leased a 2013 electric focus this afternoon. Including leather seats and a "premium" color, it was $250/mo for a 36-month, 10,500mi/year lease including *everything* (title, registration, etc) for a total out of pocket of $9k (and no sales tax in WA on EVs).

Two weeks ago I put $3500 down for a $167/month (+ 6.5% tax) lease -- 2 years, 12k miles/year, approx ~$21k residual.

That's on an advertised $149/mo, $1999 down deal here at Quirk Ford in MA.

If Ford wants to give away awesome electric cars, I'm happy to take one. :)

I got my FFE today after lease deal yesterday (Bay area), $199+ Tax with ~3K drive off for 36 months with 10.5K miles/year.

No negotiations, they showed me $249 on Ford website and said, they would offer $199 and I just took it. I am going to get $2500 from CA, so hopefully, I did OK.

The car is definitely better than Leaf, though leaf 24 months deals are really good. Lease is quite popular here in bayarea, but hopefully, FFE will come through as dealers are beginning to get more cars and getting EV certified.

I followed Leaf for weeks and had Volt as alternative, but never thought about FFE. But, after doing test drive, I liked it and signed the deal.

Just took delivery of a 2013 FFE w/ leather, Ice Storm color in Rochester, NY. Got an unbelievable deal for a non California purchase, thanks partly to a dealer mistake that they stood behind and honored.

Ended up being $236 a month for 3 years, 10,500 miles per year, $1000 down, $19k residual.

Since my electricity is free thanks to my wind turbine, I end up getting a new car for about what I spending in gas each month for the old car. Works for me!

WP

Just leased FFE in SF Bay Area. $3,400 drive off (includes tax, fees, reg etc) and $213 month (includes tax) for 36 months / 31,500 miles.

Congratulations to you guys on all those Great Leases.
I have 1,600 Miles on my FFE now and Love It.

A bit off topic, but I got the 10,500 mile per year lease and didn't try to negotiate more miles because I didn't think I'd need them on a short range vehicle. But so far my pace is slightly over that. I think I'll be ok in the end because the car will sit when I'm on vacation (either because I rented a car or because I took the ICE), but you may want to think carefully about whether you can hit 10,500. It's easier than I thought, even with only short range driving.

I know. Looks like I will be going over too. At 2800 miles already and got mine on Jan 28th. Guess I will be writing a check at the end. Hmm or maybe lease another one if the get a little less expensive .

Traded in 1990 Mazda 626 hatchback with 201,000 miles dealer gave 1100.00 trade in credit.

Deal was. 1100 trade in credit
350.oo first month lease and registration transfer

Only 319.00 per month includes all 2013 focus ev cloth, 10,500 miles per year
Recieved April 2013 program rate
Syosset ford lincoln mercury sales man ( Bryan Harris). Nice no pressure no playing games salesman.

Back