Info Dashboard question??

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evsarethefuture

I keep reading on the threads about how everyone reads how man kWh they have consumed during their trip, but I cannot seem to find that information on my dashboard. How do you access this information?

On the left screen using the left arrow keys you have to turn on the "Enhanced Trip Meter".

Using the left keypad press the left arrow until the main menu appears.
Use Up & Down to highlight "Trip 1 & 2" press "Ok"
With a trip meter showing press the right arrow.
Use Up & Down to highlight "Enhanced" press "Ok"

Now the trip meters will report out Wh used, and average Wh/mile.
(I typically reset a trip meter after a fresh charge--first thing in the morning. That way I know whats been used on that charge.)

jmueller065 said:
On the left screen using the left arrow keys you have to turn on the "Enhanced Trip Meter".

Using the left keypad press the left arrow until the main menu appears.
Use Up & Down to highlight "Trip 1 & 2" press "Ok"
With a trip meter showing press the right arrow.
Use Up & Down to highlight "Enhanced" press "Ok"

Now the trip meters will report out Wh used, and average Wh/mile.
(I typically reset a trip meter after a fresh charge--first thing in the morning. That way I know whats been used on that charge.)
What all does the trip summary show at the end of the trip? Doesn't that also contain this info? I can't wait to get our car and start analyzing the data.

hybridbear said:
What all does the trip summary show at the end of the trip? Doesn't that also contain this info?
Yes, but only at the end of the trip, and it is always reset each time you turn off the car.

The trip meters A and B can be displayed as you drive and only reset on your command (and you can even reset them as you drive). Unlike the automatic "end of trip" info displayed when you turn the car off, a "trip" tracked using a trip meter can span many starts/stops of the car.

In other words, they work just like normal dual trip meters (as most cars have these days) but also happen to track energy consumption in addition to counting miles traveled.

Back