How to check if sync updated?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Dealer installed upgrade to my Sync. And I suspect they didn't really do it because it still reboots a lot. Also I didn't have to pair my cell phone after install. Should the CCPU S/W number have changed in the system information?

I know you can see the version if you've created an account on syncmyride.com; it will redirect you to a support.ford.com site. Login and then click on "Update sync software" on the right hand side under "Vehicle Profile" and "Your Sync". It will tell you there if you are up to date. If you want to see the rev, click on "view history". 3.6.2 is the latest rev...well, at least for my 2012 FFE.

NightHawk said:
A new FFE sync update is now listed as available for download:
EA5T-14D544-AC Gen2 - V3.7
Where did you find this information?

support.ford.com is telling that me "Your SYNC is up-to-date!" with DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2.

WattsUp said:
I just went to: syncmyride.com and logged in.
Showed there was a sync software update for my 2014 FFE with that info.

What’s included in this update?
EA5T-14D544-AC Gen2 - V3.7

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE
The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Navigation:
Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

NightHawk said:
WattsUp said:
I just went to: syncmyride.com and logged in.
Showed there was a sync software update for my 2014 FFE with that info.
Yeah, that's what I did too.

Seems like the 2014 gets the update, but 2013 (and earlier?) does not. :(

WattsUp said:
Seems like the 2014 gets the update, but 2013 (and earlier?) does not.
Yeah that is what I'm hearing. There isn't really any serious functionality improvements in 3.7 (which I've heard will be one of the last MFT updates).

davideos said:
I know you can see the version if you've created an account on syncmyride.com; it will redirect you to a support.ford.com site. Login and then click on "Update sync software" on the right hand side under "Vehicle Profile" and "Your Sync". It will tell you there if you are up to date. If you want to see the rev, click on "view history". 3.6.2 is the latest rev...well, at least for my 2012 FFE.
Yes I did that and it is still telling me I need a dealer installed update. Could they have installed the software and not have updated my car info at the sync site?

SuperDAVEpostal said:
Could they have installed the software and not have updated my car info at the sync site?
That is possible. Part of the procedure after updating the MFT software is to update syncmyride.com. They may have skipped that step.

There used to be a "version checker" tool on syncmyride.com that you'd download to a thumbdrive, plug into the car, and then back into your computer. syncmyride.com would scan it and tell you what version of MFT you had. Unfortunately that tool isn't available anymore.

Ford has said that Sync 3.7 is only for 2014+ vehicles. The main two features it adds that I wish we could get for our 2013 are: mute guidance button on main nav screen & predicted time of arrival instead of minutes until arrival on main nav screen.

A number of weeks ago it was accidentally released to 2013 owners online and a few 2013 Fusion Hybrid owners got it downloaded and installed. It works just fine in their cars. It appears that the decision to limit it to 2014+ vehicles is simply a ploy to make people buy newer cars.

hybridbear said:
It appears that the decision to limit it to 2014+ vehicles is simply a ploy to make people buy newer cars.
And/or simply a cost save: Notifying all those people that there is a new Sync version available does cost $$. (even if its just a user download there still are costs involved.)

cwstnsko said:
the update only works with the A3, A4 and A5 Navigation cards, not the A1 or A2. I think any FFE with 3.6 should already be running one fo the newer Nav cards.
How does one determine what type of Nav card (A1-A5) you have?

If I'm not mistaken, the version is printed on the SD card itself in big letters. Just pop it out and take a look...it is in the center console.

davideos said:
If I'm not mistaken, the version is printed on the SD card itself in big letters. Just pop it out and take a look...it is in the center console.
Thanks - I just check my SD card and its an A5, says USA/Canada.
I guess thats the latest version?

cwstnsko said:
My FFE is a 2014, I just downloaded them from Ford support. The update is a zip file, about 570 MB.
Ah... somehow missed that you had a 2014.

I guess you will report to us if you notice more (or less) stability, and other good/bad features? :)

I do wish I had the feature that showed the arrival time instead of "time to destination" in the navi. It is so obvious that the former is more useful that the latter -- I have no idea why Ford didn't realize that from the start. (My TomTom had this feature... actually it had both time-until and time-at... and I really liked being able to glance at the navi to see what time I could expect to arrive at my destination, updating automatically with my driving conditions.)

As nice as a FW upgrade sounds, I wouldn't be too quick to upload it. There could be HW differences between the 2 models of vehicles. It might look the same and have the same functions, but the hardware could be different and incompatible.

davideos said:
As nice as a FW upgrade sounds, I wouldn't be too quick to upload it. There could be HW differences between the 2 models of vehicles. It might look the same and have the same functions, but the hardware could be different and incompatible.
I'm willing to be a guinea pig on this. I have a lease 2013 under warranty. I used to hack my old Windows phone all the time. If it bricked, I just brought it back and say with a shrug, "It just stopped working."

Back