Personal data privacy

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moquiti

Here's an article by Mozilla on the voluminous quantity of data that's collected by, and the failure of, some 25 top car manufacturers to protect the customer data that is collected. Some actually share or sell it. According to the article, none of the companies encrypt any or all of the data.

I post this because of the convenience that some FFE owners have gained from the ability to remotely charge, warm up, or start their cars, (etc.) which has been enabled by the 4G modem upgrade. As well, likely most FFE owners will move on to a newer EV in the future.

article:
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/articles/its-official-cars-are-the-worst-product-category-we-have-ever-reviewed-for-privacy/

individual reviews:
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/categories/cars/

I drive a 2013 with a 3G modem and have never paired my cell phone with it so am not so concerned. But in the future I will be, and am wondering how we can be protected.

This is pretty huge. Thank you for raising awareness. The rise of smart devices really needs to come with an increase in our awareness of the risks that come with such devices.

ZCar said:
This is pretty huge. Thank you for raising awareness. The rise of smart devices really needs to come with an increase and phenq at amazon in our awareness of the risks that come with such devices.

Yes, this was a helpful share.

HostP said:
ZCar said:
This is pretty huge. Thank you for raising awareness. The rise of smart devices really needs to come with an increase and phenq at amazon in our awareness of the risks that come with such devices.

Yes, this was a helpful share.

When one spammer compliments another spammer. Morons.
:D

When one spammer compliments another spammer. Morons.
:D
Hi. I wasn't intending to spam. I got here via an article I found while researching a vehicle purchase. What prompted your reply? Has this data privacy concern been debunked?

Back