Has anyone successfully gotten a lease?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments and help.

Her is what I landed up with:

$334.00 PM with $0 down, 13,500 miles, $18,500 residual at end of 36 mth lease if I wanted to buy car. (above payment does not include local tax, as I figured that skews everything depending on what state/city you are in. In case it matters though, taxes inc was $379.00

This included the payoff of on VW GTI which appraised at $19990.00 on trade (Black Book was $18k and change) I owed $21k so they increased my trade value to $21k

Then gave me $750 back in a check for L2 charger purchase.

So based on all this into the exact deal on Fords website, which was funny, because when you run the calculator on ford.com it would show $334 pm no money due at signing, but when you clicked on details it said $1900 due??? So I showed them a pic of the no money down screen!

Wow, just eyeballing your numbers quickly I'd say you got a great deal... better than $0 out of pocket since you got $$$ back for an L2 charger and awesome trade valuation! Also got a great residual (mine is $19.5k). Congrats!

BTW, no money down means no money from you in the form of cash/check trade equity. The $1900 probably includes first payment, tax on 1st payment, license, and any other crap they can find an excuse to tack on (doc fees, etc) to a new car transaction... though $1900 does seem high...

I just closed on a lease for 36 months at $265/month $0 down 10500 miles/yr. Residual of $19K. No sales tax on electric cars in WA state. Love the car.

There's definitely leases available. Got a lease three months ago from Downtown Ford in Sacramento, Calif. $2,500 down which was rebated by the State, and $250 per month. Don't know how you'd get it shipped though. Good luck

Just about to do my lease deal,
$363.53 out the door with all fees and taxes. Zero down and no drive off fees so that included first month payment.
2013 white platinum with leather and 15k miles a year.
Residual is $17,838

The breakdown is
$41,485 MSRP, sale price $39,659 then $12,750 rebate
15,000 miles year
Acquisition fee $645, doc fee $399
Taxes $2219
Government fees $37.75 (license and reg only $37yr in AZ.

I thought I could get a better dear but this was the best I could get

Finally got mine: Was built last Tuesday; wasn't expecting it at the dealer until later in the week (more than likely next week). When the dealer called I asked him: "This is a joke right? you're pulling my leg??"

(To see picture go here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=722&p=4233#p4233)

The lease deal appears to be a fixed thing: We had almost $10k equity in our trade in and they wouldn't accept it--first time I've ever purchased a car and the dealer cut ME a check!

Our lease is 3 years, 13.5k/year and about $361/month.

So far 8 happy gas free miles...

Finalized a lease at $276.00
12K mile/yr for 36 mon.
$3100 drive off (oh well :( )
will sign papers in a few days.

Did everything via phone and email.

to me come prepared with info on the local lease deal of your Nissan dealership with a Leaf.
seems that was the motivation, since we were not fixed on the Focus, and since two of our friends had gotten the leaf because of the lease offer, it motivated the dealership to deal.

after all its been about a month and the cars were still on the lot.

Jasper7821 said:
Just about to do my lease deal,
$363.53 out the door with all fees and taxes. Zero down and no drive off fees so that included first month payment.
2013 white platinum with leather and 15k miles a year.
Residual is $17,838

The breakdown is
$41,485 MSRP, sale price $39,659 then $12,750 rebate
15,000 miles year
Acquisition fee $645, doc fee $399
Taxes $2219
Government fees $37.75 (license and reg only $37yr in AZ.

I thought I could get a better dear but this was the best I could get

Instead of $363.53 I got an extra $5 off a month for going from BMW to Ford. Wasn't aware of that until I went into finance to sign papers.
I ended up paying a $500 deposit since I was in Japan and wanted to hold the car until I got back.
So the final deal with the $500 down for 2013 white platinum, leather, and 15k miles was $345.04 total for 35 months on the 36 month lease.
Residual is $18,088.55

So basically if I would have gotten 10,500 miles and no leather or premium paint the car would have been $283.53 with zero drive off fees. Tucson license and registration is only $37 for electric car.

So I'm thinking about getting another one. $189 a month and zero down. Would get $2500 back from CA and would save me on the mileage overage on my current lease, looks like I will owe 1500 buy the time the less is up. Also would save on gas. Wife would drive it back and forth to work instead of minivan. All this is making it hard to pass up. Any thoughts.

Leo said:
So I'm thinking about getting another one. $189 a month and zero down. Would get $2500 back from CA and would save me on the mileage overage on my current lease, looks like I will owe 1500 buy the time the less is up. Also would save on gas. Wife would drive it back and forth to work instead of minivan. All this is making it hard to pass up. Any thoughts.

Wow. $189 a month with zero down? What is the mileage allowance? Are you sure they're letting you keep the credit from California? I'd love to hear more numbers like taxes and residual then we can talk about it.

Told my neighbor/friend about it so went and got it. He got the crazy bright blue with cloth seats. Looks pretty cool. He took the lease warranty so payment out the door came to 216 tax and the warranty. Had to pay 1st month $204 I think. Yes he will get his $2500 from the state so 1st year is paid for. I may be there later today getting the other one. Its that ice blue, not a big fan of that color, if it was the platinum white like mine I would of bought it. It's yesterday's paper. Beats my deal by $1500 down and $10 a month. 10500 miles a year. But still a great deal. When he walked on the lot they were talking $2500 down and 3ish a month.

Back