Has anyone successfully gotten a lease?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lease a 2013 a FFE in platinum white with cloth seats $199 plus tax. Had to write a check for $1500 but that included my 1st months payment. I will be getting a rebate of $2500 from the state. Gotta love CA. With my gas and maintenance savings this is as close as too a free car as i can get. Only have 10500 a year for miles but should work out fine for me.

I ended up getting at Mossy Ford in PB. If you are looking for one I would recommend talking to Jack Keneflick. He was by far the best guy there.

Wow, that's a great deal! Got mine last Saturday, platinum white with leather. I ended up with $359/mo for 36 mo including tax, $0 drive-off, first payment was covered (so there's 35 to go),12K miles /year. No regrets, it was essentially an impulse buy, and I absolutely love the car!

Just got notice via email that I've been approved for the $2500 CA rebate, so I need to thank those of you on the forum that indicated that the lessee gets that rebate, not the leasing company (woohoo!).

I was able to lease with for $199 for 10,500. Got 10,000 on the table from Ford, and an additional $1000 rebate for having the leaf in our household. Additional miles are $0.20 each which is cheaper than the lease by 0.02 a mile. There is no additional penalty, so didn't make sense to do a bigger mile lease. If you drive more, you actually relatively save.

Just leased mine today.

$199 month for 24 months. $1000 down. 10500 mi/year. 2012 White Pearl with Leather. Was surprised NJ has no sales tax on Electric cars so this is was the cost all in. The Finance guy this save me about $1500 in New Jersey you normal sales tax on any mfg rebates as well.
:) A great deal.

Got mine this week. $2500 down at $335 a month, for 36 months with 15,000 a year. Reason my lease is so high is because I have bad credit as I just went thru a bankruptcy last year. Otherwise I would have gotten a better rate.

I leased mine last week. The Ford Web site popped up an offer for my ZIP code of $285 per month on a 36-month lease (before taxes). I got close to that on my deal. That is for 10,500 miles a year and no cap reduction out of my pocket. The only money I put out at closing was for the usual lease fees and for the first month's payment.

Florida Lease difficult. My zip 33412, dealer 33461. According to Ford website lease in this area should be for $39,995.00 2013 Ford Focus EV, $361 per month for 24 months with $1,006.00 due at signing with a limit of 10,500 per year, no trade-in. But the dealer will not honor it.

I am getting ready to buy a FFE and had a couple of questions... Was hoping you guys could help out....

Leasing is new to me as I have always financed. So what do I need to be looking for?

It was easy on financing check the lowest financing rates so you could choose the best option between their lender or yours and then negotiate the best purchase price.

Leasing to me has a lot that can be manipulated, residual, mileage per year, factor?, money down required y/n and so on.

If anyone could shed some light on what to focus on.... :)

That would be really helpful, thanks in advance.

Forgot to add I am in NC, so rebate is $11750, thx

Right now Ford is offering some really amazing deals on leasing to move vehicles. I found my deal by calling as many dealers as I could and having them bid against each other. My deal $1900 down with $199 a month for 24 months has now bean beaten with some dealers offering $1900 down and $149 a month for 24 months. Couple points the car which goes for $39k and you can get $7500 tax credit when you do your taxes. (You have to wait a whole year to get it back.) At least with my lease I could immediately buy out the lease for $22k, versus the original $39k. For me any additional miles over my 10,500 is 20 cents a mile with no penalty. At $199 a month for 10,500 a year that is 0.22 cents a mile, it is actually cheaper when I go over the mileage. Just a couple things to think about.

Best of luck.

firewired said:
and you can get $7500 tax credit when you do your taxes.

If you lease you cannot get that money back--the money goes to the owner of the car. In the case of the lease the owner is Ford Credit, not you.

In fact $7500 of the $11k "cash back" that Ford is offering for leases *IS* the federal tax credit.

Jmueller, my point exactly. Either way you get the $7500 benefit. With the lease they roll it in immediately, if you outright buy it you have to wait until you file your taxes.

PowerstrokeNC said:
Leasing is new to me as I have always financed. So what do I need to be looking for?
I treat leasing as just another financing option, to me it's a loan with a balloon payment at the end with the added benefit of deferring tax on the balloon amount.

I suggest you add up the total of down pmt + monthly payments for 3 years of a loan, then add the remaining loan balance.

Compare that to the down pmt + monthly payments + residual + tax on residual of a 3-year lease. In my case I come out way ahead with leasing (over $1000 I recall), and had the added benefit mentioned above re: immediate $7500 tax credit in the form of a rebate.

To be fair, use the same down pmt for both. Leases are better in comparison to a loan the closer you get to $0 out of pocket (which is what I did).

If you like, post the #s you are thinking about, I'll plug it into my spreadsheet, see what we get...

Back