FIrst (NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Safety complaint

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewired

I have been following the NHTSA website waiting to see if there were any official reports for the "Stop Safely Now" error. First one popped up. Looks like it was reported on a 2012 in November.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResultsByUrlCode.action?referenceSearch.requestId=2851&referenceSearch.urlCode=KD36P1XQ45ZFTKA

Forgive all the caps it is directly from the NHTSA website.:

TL- THE CONTACT OWNS A 2012 FORD FOCUS ELECTRIC. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE VEHICLE SHUT OFF WHILE TRYING TO SLOW DOWN ON A ROUGH SURFACE. THE MESSAGE FOR THE DRIVER TO PLEASE PULL OVER TO A SAFE LOCATION ILLUMINATED ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL. THE CONTACT STATED THE FAILURE HAPPENED TWICE. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALER AND IT WAS DETERMINED THAT THERE WERE LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. THAT REPAIR DID NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM. THE VIN WAS NOT AVAILABLE. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 500 AND THE CURRENT MILEAGE WAS 6,000.RL

What constitutes an official report? Shouldn't all drivers with this issue report it?

There are now two complaints on the NHTSA site.

I personally feel that if we want to see a timely resolution of this issue people need to report it. The Ford Focus electric line is obviously low volume so the total number of occurrences are relatively small compared to all the other issues that come up with Ford's other cars.

I think this is definitely a safety issue. My car died at a busy intersection, other people's cars have died on the highway. I think we need to try and get this fixed before it happens at the worst time and someone gets seriously hurt. I finally reported mine, it only took a couple of minutes, I would like to encourage as many people as possible to simply report the issue the experienced.

Back