FFE Shopping question: Would you Rather?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hybridbear said:
Sadly, it appears that my payments will be going up, no matter what EV replaces my FFE. I've been paying $261/month for the FFE and the only money I put down was license plate costs. Granted, this is because I took over a lease for someone else who had traded in a beater car as their down payment. Because I imported a leased vehicle from another state I didn't have to pay MN sales tax in addition to the NY sales tax paid when the lease was signed. There's no way I'll get such a good deal again. So now my conundrum is, if I'd have to pay close to $100 more per month to get a similarly equipped Leaf with the 100 mile HVB, why wouldn't I just buy a CPO Model S?

Hi hybridbear!

Got a FFE with leather in So. Cal 2 weeks ago for $225.00 (including 9% Sales Tax) with $0 drive-off. This was for a 3-year lease with 10,500 miles per year.

Regards,

GHTech

GHTech said:
Got a FFE with leather in So. Cal 2 weeks ago for $225.00 (including 9% Sales Tax) with $0 drive-off. This was for a 3-year lease with 10,500 miles per year.

Regards,

GHTech

Thats an excellent lease deal with no money down.
My 2014 FFE 3 year lease with no money down was $273/month including tax.

NightHawk said:
Thats an excellent lease deal with no money down.
My 2014 FFE 3 year lease with no money down was $273/month including tax.

Hi NightHawk!

Yes, it was the right time and place. They got the car in Jan, and at the end of Apr, it had only 7 miles on it. I think that that they were desperate to get rid of it. 2 charges per week covers us for all our local running. We have a Honda Odyssey for all the rest.

My next project is the get the Daytime Running Lights turned on. My dealer says that they will do it for $140. I think that that is way too much for a 5 minute modification.

Regards,

GHTech

GHTech said:
My next project is the get the Daytime Running Lights turned on. My dealer says that they will do it for $140. I think that that is way too much for a 5 minute modification.

Regards,

GHTech

Did the dealer say what lights would be on for the DRL? Hopefully it is the LED strip above the main bulb.

My wife and I were in California last month, and were able to drive a bunch of EV's, including the FFE, Soul EV, B250e, and of course...a Tesla P90D. The Tesla by far had the most "wow" factor out of the group, but it should for the $100K price of the one we drove.

In the end, I ended up buying a 2014 B-Class electric with only 6700 miles on it for $23,000. We liked the FFE but went for the B250 for it's combination of larger capacity battery, cargo capacity, luxury, and larger size. It has no fast charging, but the onboard 10kW charger will allow my EVSE to charge it up in ~3 hours which is all we really need. Though the B250 comes in at a whopping 3900 lbs, and is hardly efficient, it felt the most solid and quiet on the road, and the overall package was the best value for us.

Thanks to everyone that helped in my decision.

Back