Blinking Door Light

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglelaker

So I have a blinking ambient light on the front passenger side door latch when I have the headlights lights on. The door is locked and the dash shows no issues all doors ok. Any ideas as to why? It's a small distraction.

eaglelaker said:
So I have a blinking ambient light on the front passenger side door latch when I have the headlights lights on. The door is locked and the dash shows no issues all doors ok. Any ideas as to why? It's a small distraction.
The light inside the door handle? The one that turns red when the door is opened? What color is it blinking? Sounds like a wiring short...

eaglelaker said:
Yep! The red colored light is blinking. Tried slamming the door hard to no avail.
Maybe whatever sensor that thinks the door is open (and causes the light to turn red) isn't working properly?

Then again, I would think that this would be the very same sensor that detects "door ajar". Is your door ajar warning lamp/warning also behaving strangely?

But, who knows, perhaps there are two sensors and the one that controls the light is failing.

Back