Zero Emission Parking Decal (California)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody does this. Maybe it's for conversions or other cars that may not look like EV's.

Get the white carpool stickers and you are gold! Even without them, no problem. If you have an EV and it's plugged and charging, you are in business.

Yeah, you rarely see cars with these stickers. I don't think I've ever noticed one. I don't have one.

Most EV parking spots just say you need to be charging. Plugging the charging handle into your car is usually enough evidence of this (as far as parking enforcement, if any exists, is concerned).

All the local dealers in my area put the HOV lane stickers on all their FFEs right away while on their lot even before they sold.
They pay the fee and get them in bulk.
When I leased my FFE a month ago one of the papers I signed was to transfer the registration for the HOV stickers to me.

Santa Monica allows EV's to park at meters without paying, but you need to have a white sticker (green not eligible)

I saw a Tesla get pulled over by the CHP on the freeway. I'm pretty sure it was for using the carpool lane without actually having the stickers.

NightHawk said:
All the local dealers in my area put the HOV lane stickers on all their FFEs right away while on their lot even before they sold.
True, but we're talking about EV parking stickers (see link in the first post), not HOV stickers.

Oh, I've never heard of parking decals required.
I would think its obvious that an FFE is an electric vehicle if it has a charge port plugged in?

Back