Some of my other Electric rides

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jachady

This is a 2002 Ford Think Neighbor, we had it custom painted and threw some shiny wheels on it. Has a turf mode that only goes 14 mph or a drive mode that goes 25 mph.

This is a Wheel Horse A-85 Elec - Trac. It is 36v with 3 motors, one to drive and one for each mower blade spindle. This is no where near as quiet as our cars, queiter than a gas mower but definitly not silent.

Thought you guys would enjoy.

Hey I also have a battery mower (although the abbreviation for that has other connotations):
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2014/06/06/electric-everything/

jmueller065 said:
Hey I also have a battery mower (although the abbreviation for that has other connotations):
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2014/06/06/electric-everything/

I thought about going battery powered too, but I think I'm going to go corded. It's much cheaper, and I put outlets at strategic points around my yard, so it shouldn't be an issue. Also, I saw your post about the snowblower. I looked at the current available electric ones, and I wasn't too impressed. They are more like electric brooms. I think the issue is that no one will bring a 240V model to market because it wouldn't likely sell. So the only ones on the market work off of a 120V outlet. You can't get enough power for a large snowblower. I'm going to try and convert my 28 inch snowblower to electric. For $350 I can get a 5 HP 3400 RPM 240V motor. It is very close to the 3600 RPM of my current motor for the snowblower. This one will be corded as well. If I ever get it working, I'll be sure to post pictures! :lol:

Very cool Jachady.

Since JMueller jumped in - We've gone down a similar path. LEDs all over the house. Black And Decker rechargeable electric lawn mower (on my third season with it and love the thing - it is so quiet compared to gas), and rechargeable string trimmer. I need a rechargeable leaf blower.

Hammacher Schlemmer had a rechargeable snow blower. It looked about right, except it was really expensive and I don't think it ran for very long. Some day - some day I won't have to smell that nasty gas in the winter, and mess around with summer storage prep.

EVA said:
Some day - some day I won't have to smell that nasty gas in the winter, and mess around with summer storage prep.

How about using a shovel? Works for me! :)

Update: I did end up going corded. I got the Kobalt 21 inch 13 amp corded mower. The thing works great. I had to get used to trailing a cord, but it seems easy enough. Just mow away from the outlet. I ended up getting 200 feet of 12 AWG extension cord. Now onto the snowblower conversion...

dmen said:
I will typically use a shovel until the snow gets more than 3" deep, then I break out the snow thrower. Which means this past winter I was always using the snow thrower!
snowjan.jpg

(This was January..we still had 3 more months of snow)

dmen said:
EVA said:
Some day - some day I won't have to smell that nasty gas in the winter, and mess around with summer storage prep.

Funny I was going to say, yeah and you live in California, or Georgia! But I remember, we live in the same area.

Sadly, my driveway is very long and there is a section where I have to throw snow the length of our house - the neighbor's driveway is right next to mine. The former football player son can throw it by hand that far - not me.

Back