Reverse SSN (Stop Safely Now) Issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitey

I looked all over the forums and couldn't find people with this version of the Stop Safely Now issue:

Whether freshly started, or on the parking end of a trip, when in reverse, and pressing the gas, the 'transmission' seems to POP out of reverse and instantly gives me the SSN warning.

The only solution I found:
Turn the car off, open the door, making sure all lights and instruments have turned off, close door, start car.

However, I was parking in reverse on a hill in San Francisco recently , and just could NOT keep the car in reverse when stepping on the gas to park. In the end, I just rolled forward into another spot and accepted the incapacity of the car to park in reverse on a hill.

I haven't tried it again, but certainly seems like a serious safety issue. If I'm reversing into a parking spot, car drops out, I get distracted, and roll into a handicapped elderly person... in this town, I'll be deported to San Quinten for elderly hate crimes. Thanks Ford for being the initiator of this type of silly scenario...

But seriously, anyone else have this issue? Reverse, dropping, SSN?

This sounds like a problem with your car specifically and not a general design issue.

If you can repeatedly demonstrate the issue I would take it to the dealer and show them exactly what it is doing.

Back