Looking at 2013, a few questions

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy294ss

Looking at another 2013 7xxx km.
going for an extended test ride this week from dealer to home then back, picking wife up at home. Approx 110km round trip. Should be approx 5C-9C though this week.
3 questions:
Listing states home link garage door opener is present. Wasn't that dropped in the 2013 model year?
Was there a small change to the battery, maybe chemistry made in the 2013 model year improving things?
I have a 30amp circuit available already at home. The clipper creek 25p I believe provides 4800w. If someone has this charger, how well does the preheat work. I understand the heater pulls 5000w at max, presumably when heater is set for 85f?

Thank you,
Chris
Vancouver BC, Canada

Chrispy294ss said:
Looking at another 2013 7xxx km.
going for an extended test ride this week from dealer to home then back, picking wife up at home. Approx 110km round trip. Should be approx 5C-9C though this week.
3 questions:
Listing states home link garage door opener is present. Wasn't that dropped in the 2013 model year?
Was there a small change to the battery, maybe chemistry made in the 2013 model year improving things?
I have a 30amp circuit available already at home. The clipper creek 25p I believe provides 4800w. If someone has this charger, how well does the preheat work. I understand the heater pulls 5000w at max, presumably when heater is set for 85f?

Thank you,
Chris
Vancouver BC, Canada

Yes, Homelink was dropped for 2013 although several people have retrofitted the 2012 visor.

I'm unaware of any battery change.

Heater pulls 5 kW, possibly even more. It's not a question of where the thermostat is set, but of how hard the heater needs to work to achieve and maintain the desired temperature. If you can change to a 40 A breaker and get a 30 A EVSE it would be nice to have, but I have to believe you will be OK with what you are suggesting.

Evidentally this is a used car. In the US there's little reason to get a used one due to the tax breaks on a new car. Does Canada offer anything like this? Could you lease the car in the US?

Zero breaks on anything here now in Vancouver BC Canada.
Not sure how to lease a car from USA while being a Canadian.
Yes used , sale through a dealer.
Thank you for replying.
I'll have to double check the year when I see the car In a Couple of days.
Cheers
/Chris

I've run the go times with the car connected to a LCS-25P. No issues; it preheated the car just fine. It may have figured out that it doesn't have full power available and started a bit earlier but the car was still toasty warm at the set time (and the battery still showed 100%).

Chrispy294ss said:
Zero breaks on anything here now in Vancouver BC Canada.
Not sure how to lease a car from USA while being a Canadian.
Yes used , sale through a dealer.
Thank you for replying.
I'll have to double check the year when I see the car In a Couple of days.
Cheers
/Chris

What I was wondering is that the list price is now $30K USD, maybe you get it for $28K or whatever. USA lease incentive is $10K, so your capitalized cost is well under $20K for a brand new car. If leased from a US dealer, Ford gets the USA $7500. So I'm just asking whether you might be able to get a brand new one for pretty much the same as you would pay for a used one.

Will they allow lease to a Canadian? Beats me...you might want to ask though...

Back