Defrost without range loss

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epaminondas

Ok - Big discovery today - might be old hat to a lot of you.

I have been frustrated that when I turn on the defrost, it shows I will lose about 10 miles of range on my GOM - ouch.! It turns out if you turn the temperature all of the way down, it runs just the fan and you only lose about 1 mile - amazing but true. Give it a try

This will work for general ventilation without air conditioning as well - kind of excited, I am not gonna lie.

LOL If it isn't too cold out you can also just crack the drivers window open by 1/2" to 1" or so.
(unless its raining but even in the rain I've found that cracking the window works.)

jmueller065 said:
LOL If it isn't too cold out you can also just crack the drivers window open by 1/2" to 1" or so.
(unless its raining but even in the rain I've found that cracking the window works.)

Yes - its just that the wind noise messes with my tunes!

I have been playing with the defrost a bit more. So what you do is push the button on the bottom row that has the defrost icon on it, turn down the temp all of the way and then also push the button with the upper vent icon on the bottom row. If you don't do the last step it will still deplete your range by about 10 miles. Experiment by doing the first two steps and then turning of and on the upper vent button on the bottom row (in addition to the bottom row defrost button). You can see the range go up and down by about ten miles. This enables you to get effective defrost without range reduction and wind noise from an open window.

Back