Bring Your Own Cord Intiative

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josephus

I usually trickle charge at work with an 120v outlet on the outside of the building. But I subbed today at a differenent location and there was none. I got audacious enough to allen wrench a panel off of a lamp post to see if it was hiding an outlet. None, alas.

I know there's a lot of press (and expense) about fast charging stations. But how awesome would it be if a business just made sure that there were 3 or 4 normal outlets on each parking lot lamp posts. As EVs catch on the few level 2 chargers at each site will fill up quick, and having a backup albeit slow is smart. This could even be written into city code. No $150,000 quick charging station required.

Thoughts? Support? Ideas?

The coolest thing I've seen so far is a free Level 2 charger (Blink) sponcered by Kohl's Department store. It has the full branding of the store logo and everything. Funny thing is that we shop at and near Kohl's a lot more now. Who isn't going to buy a coffee or snack during a planned charging pit stop? What better way to get consummers to hang around and browse. This is smart business sense.

Hi there. I agree that Kohls is my new favorite place to shop. I wrote on this topic and included the link so you can add your thoughts as well. There is also a petition however as was pointed out in the post our cars cannot super charge. I am going for the charge awareness factor.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1280

I make it a point to buy something at Kohls when the free charging station is used.

Back