Yippee, I finally got my FFE this afternoon

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper7821

I drove the actual car I was buying on my work commute and we left the dealer with 64 miles remaining. We drove about 4 miles then got on the freeway for 24 miles the back after the 56 mile trip and the range said 20 so I gained some miles while on the streets.
Then I bought the car and drove it the 6.5 miles home and the weird thing is when I got home the range said 28 miles left.
We then went to dinner and drove about 10 miles and got home and the range said 18 miles.

On the way to the work test drive the AC was off but turned on for the trip back to the dealer.
Cruse control on 72.

Then on the dinner trip the AC was on the whole time and the return home the lights were on.
I'm in the desert and it was in the low 90's today.

It's on the Clipper Creek LCS-25 charger and I'll see how my 68 mile round trip goes. The 34 mile commute is about half streets ad half freeway.

Congrats! Although I commute in mine everyday, I still sometimes take it out for a drive just for fun. You're going to have a great time with your FFE. :D

The only problem is how bad any other car will seem by comparison. Getting back into a regular car will feel like climbing into some kind of old-fashioned, creaking contraption from the past, with strange vibrations, noises, and a terrible smell.

LOL WattsUp!

Congratulations Jasper as a new FFE owner myself (2 days now--picked it up Monday afternoon) I can share in your joy!

For my two commutes to work (~15 miles one way) I've been doing pretty good: ~230 Wh/mile. This morning on full charge the car said 90 miles range.

WattsUp said:
Congrats! Although I commute in mine everyday, I still sometimes take it out for a drive just for fun. You're going to have a great time with your FFE. :D

The only problem is how bad any other car will seem by comparison. Getting back into a regular car will feel like climbing into some kind of old-fashioned, creaking contraption from the past, with strange vibrations, noises, and a terrible smell.

That is so true! Once I got my first EV it took me 3 months to decide to go all electric. Just couldn't stand the noise, vibration and lack of response from the accelerator. I also really notice all the oil stains on the roads. ICE vehicles really are dirty. I like to equate it to the difference between and oil lamp and the electric lightbulb. Much better.

I have a 68 mile commute and I was worried that it would be close on making it especially since my car sits in the sun all day at work.
BUT, I've figured out the regeneration thing and I know I'll have plenty to do the commute.
I got to work after the 15 mile street and 15 mile freeway and my avg was 221Wh/mi avg and I had a budget of 43 and +9 status so I had 52 miles range.
Man, I love this car and everyone at work wants one now since the range can be more than the 76 mile advertised.

I bet if Ford pushed that it can easily go 100 miles or more with brake regeneration they'd probably sell more of them.

I was on the fence since the 76 was getting close to my work commute, but now after buying the car yesterday and taking it to work today I know I can easily make the commute.
The electric guage didn't seem to more much from cruise control on 70 or 75mph so I set it to 75.

Glad your FFE fits into your commute. How much freeway driving does it involve?

I've had mine for months now. I asked because I think you will find that there is actually a big difference between the energy consumed over a long distance going 75 mph versus 70 mph. The energy required to go each mph faster increases exponentially (because wind resistance increases exponentially).

If your entire trip is done at 75 mph, you won't achieve even the 76 mile range. In my experience, to do an entire trip at freeway speeds that needs to cover 70+ miles, you'll need to stick to 55-65 mph... basically, keep the energy meter at 250 Wh/mile.

Btw, the trip display (on the left-hand side of the dash) displays the average Wh/mile, and can be reset at the beginning of a trip. This can help you gauge how you're doing.

Back