What's the lowest GOM miles you've arrived home with?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine 3 days ago but the lowest I've gotten home with now is 3 on the GOM.

Boy that thing really is guessing. I drove some people home, then went into work with about 8-9 on the GOM. Plugged into L2 for about 1 hour. Read 39 on the GOM then. Started driving home and up a hill on a freeway it went from 37 to 21 REALLY fast. Ridiculous negative status. Put my house in my nav and it said I would make it with 1 surplus. Slowed down to 45 from 60 and took it nice and slow the whole way home. Made it with 3 :)

Range anxiety is real!

Got home last night with 2 miles on GOM. I decided to run the heater on Max until I hit the SSN to check what the car showed for ETE. The ETE showed 0.02 kWh when the car displayed the battery depleted SSN. I let the heater run until the ETE showed 0.00 kWh & then I turned the car off. The Displayed SOC hit 0% at 0.04 kWh ETE.

I've called a tow truck a few times. One time 0 really meant 0 because as soon as it hit 0, that was it. I did have enough power to get it to the side of the road, but that was it. Another time I was lucky enough to be close to home, so a friend and I just pushed it about a mile.

Others might have different conclusions, but for me, once the car starts saying under 10 miles, I know i'm in trouble. And there are certain areas where the car might say 10 miles, but it becomes more like 4 or 5 miles.
Simple tests like a 5 mile round trip multiple times a day leading to about 40-45 total miles before it goes to 0 proved out certain theories to me. Its also why I never really trust the miles on the car and assume I won't be able to go to many places. Or I'll need to spend 4+ hours charging somewhere in between.

But I've gone down to 0 many times and wound up in a tow truck because I wanted to really test the limits. And 0 means 0 to me, hell 5 or 6 could mean 6 down to 0 in 500 yards too. I had that happen as well.

Back