What triggers the alarm?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

My alarm went off this morning for seemingly no reason. I turned it off by hitting the lock on the fob twice. I've inadvertently set it off before by reaching thru an open window to open a door from the inside but I'm wondering what else could have possibly set it off. Oddly I also didn't get the alarm triggered message in MFM or a text message like I normally would. FWIW the car was still plugged in from charging last night. Any have any ideas on this?

I've only had my alarm go off once. The next morning my battery was dead. I think I had what the OP had happen from this thread http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3418 followed by the alarm sounding for some reason (probably due to a low battery). I didn't shut my alarm off since I thought it was the neighbor's car. My problem happened on about the same date. Next time I will do what you did and maybe I won't have a dead battery.

MFM notifications are generally unreliable. Sometimes they are delayed. Sometimes they never come. Sometimes numerous copies of the same notification come all at once (or are delayed). You get the idea.

So, I wouldn't rely on the notifications for anything, nor would I read much into not having received one.

As for triggering the alarm, did you possibly accidentally press the "panic" button on the remote?

WattsUp said:
As for triggering the alarm, did you possibly accidentally press the "panic" button on the remote?
That's what I though too but one fob was in another room from us an the other fob was in a purse with no one around it. :?:

Back