What is the expected full charge?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomEV

I've been an FFE owner now for a week and love the vehicle but I wonder why the mileage for a full charge is so variable. It seems to top out anywhere between 80 and 100 miles. Usually about 90ish. Is it based on my driving pattern or how full the battery is before charging? What do most drivers get on a full charge?

The range that shows is heavily based on your recent driving patterns. So, if you do a lot of downhill driving right before you charge, you'll have a much higher range after charging than if you chrged at the top of a long hill. This is why we lovingly call this the "Guess-O-Meter"!!

In normal driving, you can expect to get 70 to 75 miles on a single charge, a bit less when the temperatures drop. But, looking where you live, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Keith

It seems that the estimate range after a charge is calculated by the previous usage.
Miles traveled + Estimated remaining range.

jmueller065 said:
noflipping said:
If you have the 2016 FFE, my guess is that you should only compare to other 2016's.

2015's and earlier have shorter ranges (around 75 miles +/-).
Um, the 2016 Focus has the exact same range as a 2015 Focus.

You may be thinking of the 2017 Focus that Ford has said will be able to go 100 miles or so.

Updated 2017 Focus electric to go 100 miles and include fast charging

It has the same battery size as the 2015 but 2017 is about a 25% increase. I thought about waiting but decided it would be probably be proportionally more expensive and a hassle to wait. I have noticed that the full charge miles seems to be slowly going down. Yesterday it was 82 and before it used to be 90. I am probably just driving it a bit more aggressively. It takes a lot of work to keep off the pedal.

TomEV said:
I am probably just driving it a bit more aggressively. It takes a lot of work to keep off the pedal.

Tom if you haven't already, try messing around with the configuration of the screen to the left of the speedometer. If you set up like Jamie describes in detail in his blog post below, it makes driving into a sort of a game (can I keep the white bar near the top of the blue cup and still make it up this hill?). It definitely encourages me to drive more efficiently rather than putting my foot down all the time. Though I still do now and then.

http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/09/25/butterflies-really-what-your-dashboard-can-tell-you/

It shows how much energy you're using moment-to-moment, along with a rolling average (the two little white tick marks), and a graph showing how much is consumed by the heater or A/C.
Ford-Focus-Electric-Plug-In-Car-Battery-Screen.jpg

tinilk said:
TomEV said:
I am probably just driving it a bit more aggressively. It takes a lot of work to keep off the pedal.

Tom if you haven't already, try messing around with the configuration of the screen to the left of the speedometer. If you set up like Jamie describes in detail in his blog post below, it makes driving into a sort of a game (can I keep the white bar near the top of the blue cup and still make it up this hill?). It definitely encourages me to drive more efficiently rather than putting my foot down all the time. Though I still do now and then.

http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/09/25/butterflies-really-what-your-dashboard-can-tell-you/

It shows how much energy you're using moment-to-moment, along with a rolling average (the two little white tick marks), and a graph showing how much is consumed by the heater or A/C.
Ford-Focus-Electric-Plug-In-Car-Battery-Screen.jpg

Thanks for the tips and link. I am trying to keep it low but it's pretty hard. If I keep it at the top of the cup I feel like I am only going 20 miles an hour. Still it does help.

TomEV said:
Thanks for the tips and link. I am trying to keep it low but it's pretty hard. If I keep it at the top of the cup I feel like I am only going 20 miles an hour. Still it does help.
You'll never be able to keep the white instant line inside the blue cup, the cup just shows what Wh/mi was used to calculate your range when the car was turned on. Compare the white tick marks to that to see if your recent driving has been more or less efficient than previous driving. The white tick marks are a measure of your Wh/mi since your last charge.

hybridbear said:
The white tick marks are a measure of your Wh/mi since your last charge.
Here I'll fix that:
The white tick marks are a measure of your average Wh/mi since your last charge.

Sorry just me being pedantic LOL.

Back