Volta, Hawaii and where can I rent an electric?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az erik

As Volta seems to have built a massive network in HI and I see a lot of claims of electrics there (though never saw any personally in the 2 months I spent in Ohau and Maui) I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how or with who I can rent an electric while I'm there again in March/April.

I was on Ohau for 10 days roughly a month ago. I only saw one functional EVSE. Every other one I encountered had semi-permanant Out of Order label across it. I stumbled across a couple that weren't in PlugShare or Recargo (so I added them).

As far as renting, I only know of Enterprise. They had one, but it was out, and something like $80/day.

Enterprise is the only I know of. Maybe you can reserve it for your time frame. Oahu has plenty free Volta stations at malls but they can be hard to find not occupied. OpConnect is more prevalent, but unfortunately has switched over to a pay model. Walmarts use Blink, and the the City owns several Charge Point stations. Several large hotels have free stations as well. In my opinion, It may not be worth the effort.

Oahu has thousands of EV owners due to high fuel costs, although electricity is outrageous here, usually costing in the mid 30 cents per kwh. Other islands are as high as 50 cents. Photovoltaic systems are the real saving grace for us.

Back