Time Of Day Charging- New to FFE have LEAF

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstack6

I just got my 2013 FFE . I've had a LEAF for 2 years and want to compare them.

Is there a way to set the FFE to 80 or 90% charge?
Is there a way to set the Time Of Day to charge,so you can charge Off Peak?

What is the MAX range many have seen of the display, achieved in real life?

Does any one have an app for a smart phone to see FFE stats other than the canned FORD data?

Thanks for the help! :D

Congratulations! You'll have to let us know how they compare for your needs. Those are some good questions. I can answer 2 of them and you should be able to find the max range displayed and actually achieved with a search as I seem to remember a thread on that topic. There is no way to change the charge percentage of the battery at this point. I'm assuming you mean the ability to do a range charge versus the regular charge. It would be a nice feature to have and could be addressed by a software change so we'll see but I wouldn't hold my breath. You can set the time for charging to start. They call this value charging. You can set it up by going to myfordmobile.com. Under the my car tab, look to the right bottom corner of the screen and you should be able to change the charge setting there. I don't use it myself so that's as far as I can get you.

There is no app that I know of... Of course there are what, less than 2000 FFE's?

jstack6 said:
I just got my 2013 FFE . I've had a LEAF for 2 years and want to compare them.

Is there a way to set the FFE to 80 or 90% charge?
Is there a way to set the Time Of Day to charge,so you can charge Off Peak?

What is the MAX range many have seen of the display, achieved in real life?

Does any one have an app for a smart phone to see FFE stats other than the canned FORD data?

Thanks for the help! :D

Actually Ford already does this for you. The FFE on charges its battery to 80% capacity. (I think they did it to make the battery packs last longer in hot weather). It kinda of sucks as the range could be more, but Id rather my battery last longer. (the FFE will charge up 19.5 kWh, off a 23 kWh battery)

Thanks, I went on myfordmobile.com and got connected. We'll see how that does. :D

FYI the LEAF has a menu to set the Charge Times and Days along with 80% or 100% in the car
it also has a site that ranks drivers by Kw/mile ,accessory use, regen etc

:idea:

Back