The cleanest driving.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindPowered

Here's a picture of my new 2013 FFE and my source of fuel in the background.

P3302227.jpg

WP

Gee! Thanks! My in-laws' Subaru Forester is right behind it, so I was kinda forced into the composition of the shot in order to hide it.

I really just wanted to capture an image of it while it was still clean. :)

WP

Hello,

I'm seriously considering buying a FFE. Just wondering about this colour, Ice Storm Metallic.

Can any of you post a few other pics of an Ice Storm Metallic FFE, hopefully taken at different times of the day?

In some light it appears metallic blue, in others it looks like a pastel green. I haven't seen any cars in this colour in person. Trying to decide which colour to get.

Ice storm looks amazing in the 2013 FFE brouchure, like a metallic blue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ice Storm is basically a metallic pale green. For some reason, all the Ford materials make it look blue-ish, but it's green-ish. WindPowered's photo (at the top of this thread) is a good representation of Ice Storm.

The only no-mistaking blue color is the Candy Blue, which I personally find gaudy in-person. But, again, the Ford materials misrepresent the color, I feel... they make it look like a nice navy blue, but it's more "bright" than that, almost teal.

In short, don't trust any images from Ford. Try to see the color in-person.

WattsUp said:
Ice Storm is basically a metallic pale green. For some reason, all the Ford materials make it look blue-ish, but it's green-ish. WindPowered's photo (at the top of this thread) is a good representation of Ice Storm.
My photo was white-balanced and calibrated using an ICC profile so it should be very accurate, and indeed it looks correct to my eyes on my ICC profiled and calibrated monitor. Having said that, your mileage may vary, depending on the accuracy of your monitor in re-creating the image. Not all monitors are color accurate, even when calibrated and using an ICC color profile.

I do find that the Ice Storm color varies depending on light. In very bright light it almost looks light gray at times, but mostly it's a light green metallic, as shown.

WattsUp said:
In short, don't trust any images from Ford. Try to see the color in-person.

This is very good advice. It seems like Ford has never heard of Pantone. I don't know who does their brochure printing, but it's all over the map. Find it in person before you make a choice.

WP

That windmill is awesome. To bad my city has stupid laws. At least I get electricity cheap.

Thanks. Windpowered, do you have any more pics of your car that you would share? Thanks.

Beautiful photo...and a great looking car. I do love that color - in this picture at least! I've been pulled towards the metallic white, but I love a good green. :) Thanks for sharing.

EVfuture,

If I were you, I'd go to a ford dealer and cruse the lot. You're bound to find your color.

That's the color I chose as well. I find in different light it can have a slightly different look.

Good luck!

I ended up getting the Ice Storm colour. It looks just like WindPowered's photo posted previously in this thread. It does look more blue or more green depending on ambient light. I love it!

Back