Technical Manual

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markminnc

Is there a tech reference manual on many of the workings of our cars. I would like to be able to read about how some of the systems work and become more knowledgeable. Yes, many of my questions are addressed here but it would be nice to be able to read an applications manual.

Mark

markminnc said:
Is there a tech reference manual on many of the workings of our cars.
I'd love such a thing as well, but given the reports we've heard here of engineering teams being sent by Ford to the dealerships to investigate certain issues, I doubt it even exists yet. (i.e. if the engineers themselves have to go look at the problem, the technical manual you'd use to help solve the problem isn't available). Keep in mind, we're Alpha testers on the bleeding edge of a low rate initial production vehicle that Ford didn't even come up with (actually designed and prototyped by Magna). But I'd be happy to be proven wrong if somebody can provide one!

I'm sure it will come out eventually, but it'll take time. If the engineers are still "putting out fires", they're not back at HQ developing the manuals. And they're not going to write themselves. :)

WP

purpleporsche said:
...putting out fires...interesting choice of expression. :cool:
It was just a figure of speech, of course. There's certainly no known fire hazards with our vehicles.

It the OP wants, there's certainly lots of general material out there that can be a great starting point for learning about how things work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car

WP

Yes, I have found the two sites offered. Actually, the type of information I am after--
* What loads are handled by the 12V battery and what is the charge sequence when the car is charging.
* What actually makes up the battery heating and cooling, we know there is a liquid part, we presume a pump, some sort of heat, and some sort of cool.
* I would like to know more about the regen braking, we know all the basics, but how speed play into the amount of charge, how does the L v D position play?
* How does our AC work?
I am an engineer and maybe my always wanting to understand how is getting in the way.

Mark

Back