T-boned on driver's side, car thinks door is open

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wplate

Yesterday I was about to park in a lot when I was hit by a woman pulling out and not paying attention.

FFEdamage.JPG

While driving home my FFE's left-side cluster display kept warning me to put the car in park and the driver's door was ajar. When I plugged-in and parked at home the dome light remained on on the outside lights that stay on when the door is open stayed on (eventually they time out).

For the most part I will not be driving this vehicle until it is fixed, in the mean time is there a fuse I can pull that will tell the FFE the door is closed? I have such a fuse on my Jeep that I pull in the summer when I take the doors off.

It's inevitable that in the first year you own the car something is going to happen. A door dink a paint chip sooner or later something is going to happen. Someone had pulled out in front of me on the way home from the dealership. Fortunately I was able swerve out of the way.

I recommend taking your car to a Ford dealership that has its own dedicated body shop to have the work done. This way the car can be returned to new like condition with all Ford parts. Tell the body shop to use Ford OEM parts only.

Back