System off to Save Battery Issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adnan1980

Recently My Focus EV started giving trouble. This is a 2015 model Focus EV and the trouble started last week. When I open the door, on the screen a messege shows up " System off to Save Battery". Now when this messge shows up and if you try to start the Car it will not start. I am uploading a video situation is little much bad now then when i made the video. Below are the Situaion Steps from beinin to current

1) Opened door the Messge of "System off to save Battery" if I try to start the car when the msg shows up it will not start, then like 30 to 40 sec later, EV will turn on but no drive mode, I had to hit the breaks and start again for drive mode.
video https://goo.gl/photos/Ez7ifxsXVDHiMLRB8

2) Same as above except this time when I hit Break and Start, it will not start and I would here clicking sound under the hood and in rear near the main battery, and it will not stop. I had to connect the Charger which brough power to the display and started to car without the drive mode, I unplugged the charger and hit Break/Start to get Drive mode.

3) Today I when I started the car in the Morning, Situation (1) happened, then when I made it to work approx 25 miles. I turned the EV off and try to re start it, Situation (2) happened (partialy) but I didnt connect the charger (Level 1), what I noticed once I pressed Break/Start the EV didnt turn the clickin sound happened, and when I tried to STOP nothing happened, I tried to lock the car from inside it didnt lock, tried using the key to unlock the trunk or lock the EV didnt happen, but was able to unlock the trunk using the button in the car. So I took out the Level 1 charger and pluged it in then the EV started up.

To me it looks like my 12 volt battery has gone bad. I will take it to dealership today.

What do you think

I had a similar problem that just started after about 2 1/2 years. They found a TSB and reprogrammed the controller and it has been great since. No cost of course.

jstack6 said:
I had a similar problem that just started after about 2 1/2 years. They found a TSB and reprogrammed the controller and it has been great since. No cost of course.
Do you know the TSB number they used? Post it here please if you do.

Back