Sync Version Check

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyogee

My sync status checker is reporting v 3.1.1 but Wikipedia says that the latest is v3.5.1.

What version do you all have reporting?

I know that the Focus Electric has it's own special version of Sync but I have some spare time this weekend to update my car's firmware is appropriate.

-Rob G.

Somebody reported over in the forums at myfordmobile.com that they purchased a new 2013 FFE that already had 3.5.1 installed.

Interestingly, they purchased two FFEs the same day (one for him, one for her). Hers had 3.5.1 and his had 3.1.3. When they noticed and told the dealer, the dealer tried to install 3.5.1 on his, but it "wouldn't take" (whatever that means). But, that implies the dealer "had" 3.5.1 for the FFE on hand?

But, hopefully, we'll all be getting 3.5.1 soon. :)

WattsUp said:
Somebody reported over in the forums at myfordmobile.com that they purchased a new 2013 FFE that already had 3.5.1 installed.

Interestingly, they purchased two FFEs the same day (one for him, one for her). Hers had 3.5.1 and his had 3.1.3. When they noticed and told the dealer, the dealer tried to install 3.5.1 on his, but it "wouldn't take" (whatever that means). But, that implies the dealer "had" 3.5.1 for the FFE on hand?

Ya, that was me :)

I posted some screen-shots of it from my wife's car.

Two possible reasons why My Ford touch would not take the upgrade is. The two cars may have different hardware installed in each vehicle, and may need different software written for each type of vehicle. Or it may because it is dependent on other hardware or software upgrades for it to work properly. :geek:

Funny you say that. The older of the two shows in the VIN database as "FOCUS ELEC" and the newer one shows as "FOCUS BEV". I do believe there are differences myself.

WattsUp said:

I called Ford because I could not download a newer version (3.5) than the existing one I have (3.1.3). I though it was the website that was causing me issues and I asked for assistance. The support person said that 3.1.3 was the latest version. Hope that helps. I can't wait for the new version, though Hurry up, Ford! :p

Typically new sync versions will be built into vehicles before the update is approved for dealer install. Thus if you purchase a new FFE built recently then it will have the new sync version on it. For everyone else you'll just have to wait until its released for update to the dealers (and to syncmyride.com).

If your dealer attempts to put 3.5.1 on your FFE it won't work: They have to navigate to the code on the service tool using the vehicle's VIN so once there it will only show 3.1 available to be flashed--just like syncmyride.com. (3.5.1 is available for all the ICE vehicles with MFT).

Update: 1 Ford tech. guessed some day in June ("1 to 2 months" were his words I think, a few days ago).
The 3.1.3 in my 2012 FFE is latest, he said.

(I had called 800 392-3673, then 1, 3 to ask about SYNC Status Checker Tool.)
He added that I should get an email when it is available, if I have that option set in my profile on that site, which I now have.) [email protected]

Back