Sync problems

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerstrokeNC

So my sync went a little haywire it seems ... First it refused to link up my cellphone which was already setup, no amount of resetting, BT on off cycles etc would fix it even deleted my phone and tried to reconnect/add it no go. Then suddenly my screen shows this large sync logo and says its performing needed updates had not seen this before,it reboots,then I was able to add my phone back. Weird, anybody else had this?

Yes, this happens. Your MFT system got stuck and rebooted.

For me, I was using the nav screen when the system stopped responding to input. The map kept updating as I drove along, but I couldn't switch to any other view, or use the radio, etc. Eventually, I saw the same screen you saw. (And all this while driving!)

I think the messaging about "maintenance" is sort of a fib... I'm pretty sure the system is just rebooting after a crash.

Yes the MFT Sync system occasionally reboots. On older versions of MFT I would force it to reboot about once a month just to keep it running "ok"!

That is a funny slight of hand there "performing scheduled system maintenance"--everyone has used windows; we know exactly whats going on ! LOL

Heck I've even seen a "blue screen of death" once in my ICE Focus! LOL

Back