Sync fart!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v_traveller

Earlier today out of the blue, sync said I needed to insert a valid SD card for nav to work (sorry I don't remember the exact wording). So I shut down, pulled out the SD card, reinserted, powered up. Same message. So I gave up... just parked it and charged for a few hours (was already late for a meeting). When I started up again, everything was fine, except that sync forgot which phone it last paired with and tried to pair with my work cell instead of my personal cell.

I'm numb to Sync's "scheduled maintenance" message that seems to happen randomly... this glitch is slightly more intrusive...

Anyone else have issues with their Sync today?

I've had numerous Nav card blipouts. I just push the onscreen button and it starts. I love my car, but the Ford Sync is certainly its largest fault. I mostly ignore the messages about updating, because I am happy to see it trying to fix stuff, like the clock or the entirely blank screen. Not to worry, it will return in an altered state.

I've occasionally seen the Nav system error. It typically happens at startup and usually if you just leave it alone the Nav system catches up and runs fine. I don't think I've ever reseated the SD card due to that error--at least with the latest version of Sync.

Given how bad the earlier versions were: This one is orders of magnitude better..!

Back