Sync 3 Apple Carplay update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fraggle said:
WattsUp said:
This is kind of a deal-breaker.

One trick I almost always do is set "Home" as my destination (and answer "yes" to the "Will you charge?" question) even when just "driving around". Then, no matter where I go, the car is always trying to estimate whether I can make it "back home" or not from wherever I am. I just need to watch the Surplus number to feel confident that I can keep motoring around and still have enough charge to make it home.

On our 2016, there's an option enabled where it'll pop up an alert saying that you're approaching the limit to get back home. I can't remember the exact name of the feature, but since we turned it on, even without an active navigation running, we get a yellow pop up on the left mini screen saying "Approaching limit to return home" (or words to that effect).

I get that on my 2015. I think all you need to do is tell the car where "Home" is and it does it for you. Question is, with Navigation turned off (as I assume it is when Carplay is activated), will that feature still work?

campfamily said:
On our 2016, there's an option enabled where it'll pop up an alert saying that you're approaching the limit to get back home. I can't remember the exact name of the feature, but since we turned it on, even without an active navigation running, we get a yellow pop up on the left mini screen saying "Approaching limit to return home" (or words to that effect).
Yes, my 2013 does that too.

But... I don't want to find out only at the last minute that I need to turn around and go home. I want to constantly monitor how much Surplus I have left as I drive around.

Installed the USB Hub today, Part#HU5Z-19A387-A, Apple CarPlay is working great. I had installed the Sync 3 update some time ago base on instructions found on FocusRS forum. Dealer gave me a 10% discount on part since I was originally told it would be a S/W upgrade, had to ask Sales Mgr which took maybe 3-4 minutes.

Back