Suggested State of Charge for long battery life

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JTCalif said:
Have tried using "swipe" to stop charge at the array of Chargepoints by the new Target near me, and that did nothing I could see. Good if that works some places.
Hmm, as far as I know, all ChargePoint stations work the same way, and use the RFID swipe to both start and stop, as mentioned here (and shown in the video):

http://www.chargepoint.com/how-to-charge/

If you don't tell the station you want to stop, and instead just remove the handle from your car, ChargePoint will send you a notification that your charge session has been unexpectedly interrupted. (Just as if some stranger were to come up and unplug your car.)

I assume you were the one who started the charge at that station you tried to stop at Target? (You can't stop someone else's charge.) And you used the same RFID card, right? (In case you have more than one.)

And likewise: If you start the charge with the smartphone app you can't stop it with a swipe of the card (in that instance you'd have to use the smartphone app to stop the charge).

Back