Stop Safely Now Warning

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact Fredrick Tonney VP at Ford or his assistant:

[
edited by admin Aug 7/2013

Mike K from Ford's Customer Service Division requested Frederick's email be removed. Mike says the best way to contact Ford is through this page:
http://www.ford.com/help/contact/
You can contact them on twitter, or email, or phone, and then your contact with them is recorded
]

No worries...I am going through the repurchase process from FORD as we speak (full post to follow once completed)

I had another SSN today.
I was showing a friend the nice torque the car has and I floored it down the street for about 5 seconds then just cruised further down the street at about 50mph. Just a few seconds later I got the warning and the car died.
When it happened before I was able to get it going again by turning it off, opening and closing the door then locking the car. Then unlocking and starting and it would be fine.
It's time it didn't work. I did the sequence about five times with no luck. The AC wouldn't work so I got out for about 5 minutes then tried the sequence again and it worked.
I guess I need to take it in AGAIN.
The SSN only started after the update was done.

Jasper

Contact Fredrick Tonney VP at Ford or his assistant:

[
edited by admin Aug 7/2013

Mike K from Ford's Customer Service Division requested Frederick's email be removed. Mike says the best way to contact Ford is through this page:
http://www.ford.com/help/contact/
You can contact them on twitter, or email, or phone, and then your contact with them is recorded
]

Jasper7821 said:
Emaol sent.

You should also call Ford and report it - 1.800.392.3673

When I called them, they said they have no reports of this issue, even though many of the cars have been sent to the dealer to be fixed.

dealership finally called me back today to tell me they still don't have the part to repair SSN. 40 (FOUR-ZERO) consecutive days it has been there!
I am beyond done. I will never trust a Ford product or customer service again.
Ashuri, I will craft an email tonight to the VP you listed. I also called my regional customer service rep and told him I want to begin the buyback process.

PM me and let me know what to expect so far in your buyback.
Thanks.

I'm curious about the buybacks and lease cancellations as well - how many have been successful and did you have to litigate to invoke lemon law?

I have called Ford and I'm working directly with senior staff now on this issue, but I will not be a happy camper to have this drag on much longer (going on 2+ weeks myself). Mabock - 40 days is ridiculous and in CA would automatically qualify for Lemon law.

Please PM me, too if you have information or would like to talk with me about my experience.

So far, from the dealer to corporate, no one has mentioned (to me)
that they have heard of the issue.

My service manager at the dealer told me in the first couple of weeks my car was in for SSN that there were quite a number of their vehicles coming back to them for SSN repair. He even pointed to one "brand new" vehicle inside the garage that they were troubleshooting for SSN.

To All,
After having the SSN message twice and my car in the shop for almost a month. It appears that they fixed my car. The wiring harness from the electric drive motor and PCM was replaced! All software was reloaded and I have put about a thousand miles on it without any trouble. My car has just over 10,000 miles on it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't resurface, but time will tell!

The biggest issue I now have with Ford is that they won't give me any re leaf in my lease payment. They don't have loaner EVs, and expect the customers to feel happy when they offer a gas powered loaner! I didn't lease a gas powered car..... I really like my FEV when it works but when this lease expires I will most likely find another manufacture that understands customer satisfaction!

Scott

Scott, great to hear it is working out for you now - been nearly 2 weeks and 2 rental cars since I've had my FFE. If you saved your gas receipts, I'm sure you could probably work through ford to be reimbursed considering the situation.

my PCM finally arrived today at 41 days in the shop, which was >4 weeks just waiting on PCM part. I have lost all faith in Ford customer service.
I am proceeding with lemon law regardless of whether they think they think they might have "fixed" the issue. It will even take 10-15 more working days for Ford legal to get the buyback paperwork ready.

I don't quite understand how the lemon law buyback will affect me for CA rebate and Federal Tax credit however. Does anyone know what happens with those?

I'm going through the buyback process now...from information I was told (AND I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY OR IRS AGENT)

The Federal Tax Credit you don't need to worry about....

The CA Rebate they will ask you to return it at a prorated rate, I have moved this up the chain since "I did not intend or wish to sell the vehicle" before the 36 month period ended.

Hope that helps
As soon as my buyback is complete I will post my full experience

Unfortunately I am adding my car to this list. After driving the car for four months with no issues, I had the dealer perform the update to the new software toward the end of June. Twice since then I have gotten the Stop Safely Now warning. The first time it happened (at 3391 miles), I dropped off the car at the dealer to look at it. Their technicians looked at it for two days, then someone from Ford supposedly checked it out remotely. No one could find any problems. 10 days later (at 3550 miles), I got the warning again. I have not taken it back because I am sure they will find nothing, but I did call my service advisor and asked him to make note of it in the vehicle's records.

Both times it happened within a mile of my starting to drive. Once it happened as I was coming to a stop at a red light. It took several minutes to clear the message and get the car going again, which was embarrassing as the cars kept coming up behind me. The second time I was doing about 40 miles an hour on a two-lane straightaway with no room to pull over. I was more prepared that time. I put the car in neutral and hoped I could coast far enough to get to someplace where I could pull the car in. I made it, but it was close.

I really like the car. It is fantastic for driving around town and taking short trips, and I really like charging up the vehicle at home instead of going to gas stations. But I dislike worrying about having the car conk out on me at any time, especially if I may end up in an accident because of it.

I hope Ford figures out the problem soon.

it is a GREAT idea to take a video camera or arm your smartphone quickly to catch video of SSN as it happens... this may just come in handy later on.
ford-focus-ev-stop-safely-now-250.jpg

I emailed Fredrick Tonney VP and I got a call back from their office today. She asked me to give her some time to review the details and find out what the deal with the the SSN.

I told her that when I called Ford customer service, they said there is no report of an issue.

Hi All,

another SSN update:

My FFE has been at the dealership all week.
Yesterday the service manager let me know
They were able to witness the SSN message for themselves.
The EV engineers are requesting to catch in the act by
recording the events and dumping the error codes as they happen.
It took nearly 320 miles of driving to catch.

Curious if anyone else with SSN has had their dealer
catch it happen, or is this the first documented case
of it?

Back