Stop safely now warning

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call from the dealer telling me the car was ready. Service writer said software update to cooling system completed and vehicle is fine. I rush down to pick it up and go directly to car wash. After washing car i get four SSN warnings and I'm stuck. 103º outside and i have to wait 2 hrs for the tow truck.

Back at dealer I'm now told it's the transmission module. Overheating and needs replacement. Been a week and noward. I'm told the HV cable recall does not apply to my vehicle.

Any ideas :oops:

Have them clean the HV wiring harness interconnect terminals with electrical grease as recommended in the TSB from a few months ago.
I read the TSB tech instructions and they do that regardless of whether they replace the HV wiring harness for SSN issue.
They replace the HV wiring harness if the car has a build date of early May 2014 or earlier, so they must have updated the harness on the production line after that date.

Show them the info from here:
http://oemdtc.com/12505/stop-safely-now-message-diagnostic-trouble-code-dtc-p0a0a01-2012-2014-ford-focus

Back