Stop Safely Now VINs

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewired

I have been discussing the Stop Safely Now warning that many of us have experienced with one of the Editors from Inside EVs (http://insideevs.com). He contacted Ford executives and they were willing to pass the information to their engineering team, but need our VINs to do that. They inferred that they were looking at our episodes as single events:

"...the Stop Safely Now warning appears in the Focus Electric in lieu of the Check Engine light that is found in naturally-aspirated vehicles. As with all vehicles, there are a number of different reasons why this warning may illuminate."

Our information could be helpful to figure out if there is a single defect causing all of our episodes. If you feel comfortable please PM me you VIN number, contact email, and mileage that episode/s happened and I will pass along to them. I will keep your information strictly confidential and will only disclose to the Inside EV Editor to provide to the Ford team.

You may want to go through the spreadsheet I made and PM each person (I put the user ids in the spreadsheet).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7542877/StopSafelyNow.xlsx

Jmueler and firewired......

I have the contact for customer service VP for Ford...why don't you post on here if everyone who has expereinced this would be open to "signing" a letter we can send to him. This approach might work better?

I'm open to doing so...what I expereinced as am sure so did others wasn't alot of fun!

I'd be curious to know if this is a problem that affects early-build VINs, or if people are having similar problems on newer cars built in 2013.

I just picked up my EV Focus today after the dealership had it for a week! I had it towed to the dealership due to the " stop safely now" message. Well the dealership downloaded a list of fault codes and said Ford engineering wanted them to reload all the software. I drove home a happy camper! Then, on my way home from dinner low and behold the " stop safely now message came on again! I had to put on the hazard lights and push the damn car threw an intersection to the side of the road. Then call my in laws for a ride home!

I am so frustrated now that I'm not going to make any more lease payments & Ford can have this thing back......

Scott

Has anyone heard what the cause of the issue might be or the fix? I read one post that a software update did not resolve the problem.

Back