Stop Safely Now Stats

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good. (knock on wood!) Car runs just like it did before. However, it took 10.5 months and 9000 miles to get the first SSN. I'm looking for the same assurance you are...so hopefully not seeing any new reports of SSN after the 13S09 recall will be very much welcome!

I have over 4K miles on my 2013 FFE and no SSN. With the recall notice for the SSN this will be the fourth or fifth time I have had to take my vehicle to the shop for "service." Really! I have owned numerous new cars and many of them Fords, including my wife's 2013 Ford Edge Sport and have never had to go to the dealer so many times. At this rate I will have to buy Christmas presents for the shop staff. LOL This is getting to be CRAZY.

I would love to just drive my FFE and enjoy the experience that it offers.

Come on Ford get with it. Just venting. :evil:

Based on the poor quality of the MyFordMobile update, I'm planning to wait to see how people do with this before changing anything. I did have one SSN, so it's not like I think I'm immune. Just don't want things to get even worse.

Have my appointment scheduled for this Thursday first a.m. at my local dealer. They had to do some investigation with Ford to determine what the recall was about. But they've indicated they're all set and the update should take thirty minutes. Will report back to this topic, after.

SSN update completed this morning at my local Ford dealer. Took 1-1/2 hours but only because the original dealer in Virginia didn't correctly process an update from earlier in the year, before I took delivery. Upset the whole software update protocol....but the dealer got thru it.

So...everything appears OK....... In the 32.2 Miles put on car since leaving Ford dealer, no dead stops on the highway. Yay for that.

My wife had an SSN at about 250 miles (10/11/13) after we got the car (10/5/13). 800 SSN free miles since. Scheduled for 13S09 week after next.

Completed the recall today (13S09 POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAM) 1 hour to do the job. Super easy to wait for the work. Never had SSN before, didn't have one today in about 60 miles of driving.

The dealer also replaced my 12V battery. This was from the previous month where my 12V battery went to 3V twice due to a different programming problem (the leave the car plugged in for 2 days but don't drive it problem).

EVA will you please post the link here to the "leave the car plugged in for 2 days but don't drive it" problem? I'm having a wicked time coming up with fruitful search terms for this forum's search utility. TIA

RaleighNC said:
EVA will you please post the link here to the "leave the car plugged in for 2 days but don't drive it" problem? I'm having a wicked time coming up with fruitful search terms for this forum's search utility. TIA
It was in the "when does the 12V battery charge" thread (I hope this gets you there):
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1421

I didn't add the conclusion to that thread, the 12V battery is now replaced.

Anyone still having issues with SSN?

It just happened to me this morning on the way to work, just after I got off the freeway. I had to push to car off the road to a gas station.

I had my car in for service/safety recalls on 11/20/2013. I'm pretty sure they applied the fix for the SSN issue at that time. I don't have any recall notices showing up in my ford owner account online.

I also had a dead 12V battery last week (car had to be jumped), which I took in to the dealer and they replaced it.

I never had any issues before. I just was wondering if anyone else was having any problems after the SSN fix.

I don't think there has been a reported SSN for any vehicle that has had the recall performed on it since late September--If there was it was with someone not on this forum.

The whole SSN topic has been remarkably quiet since the issue of the recall.

In your specific case I would imagine that the SSN is related to your battery issue(s)--there was a TSB issued that would fix some of the battery issues (I don't know if the battery TSB fix is included in the SSN recall--I would suspect that it is though).

Thanks for the response.

The dealer called backed and said the connector to the high voltage module was not seated correctly. They are pretty sure that's what caused the SSN warning. They secured the connection and said I'm good to go. We'll see...

jmueller065 said:
When I was going through the forums I was only looking for "Stop Safely Now" (e.g. issues that happened while driving). I specifically did not count the "charging fault" items (of which I think I saw 3).

For what its worth, here is my Excel spreadsheet (right click and select "save link as")

Some FFE are showing up for sale (example carfaxes http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...ealer_id=74088&car_id=361752463&partner=ATD_U and http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...ealer_id=74088&car_id=371886708&partner=ATD_U, dealer website list http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=FOCUS|Electric&vehicleStyleCodes=HYBEL&Log=0). If the last URL doesn't work just go to autotrader (etc) and search for Joe Machens Ford and Focus Electric. Not picking on JMF except they have a number of buyback FFE's up. Their own website also has the carfax links offered.

At least some of the carfaxes show PCM, ICP, water pump replacements or tests. Some of these cars have sat for 6mo to 1.5 years.

Would those who have had buybacks or sold/traded in their cars please update the spreadsheet or this thread with the FFE VIN ? That will make it easier for folks looking at these cars offered for resale to find out what happened. Be sure to include your MyFocusElectric forum id as well so the reported problems and other anecdotal information is available to potential buyers.

Guess how I found this forum? Was thinking about buying one of them before noticing the 'buyback' and coming here.

Thanks,
-Chris

update: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2231

Back