"Stop Safely Now" recall fix

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitey

This might be a duplicate post, but couldn't find anything on this...
Just last Saturday, I spent the time to go to the dealer and have the "Stop Safely Now" recall notice taken care of, as well as the door beep issue (Really, a recall for a door beep?!). After a few hours I picked up the car and was excited thinking I would no longer have the infamous "Stop Safely Now" alerts which I seem to get once a week or so.

Wrrrronggg! Just this morning, BAM, hit with it again, at a stoplight, in four lane undivided traffic, me in the left lane on my side. So, I quickly did the routine, turn off, open door until all console lights are off, turn back on. By the time I was done, had to do it twice, I had my hazards on and I am sure some frustrated folks talking trash about the FFE, and electrics.

So, Ford, what is the deal? Seriously. I had just left my house, within a mile, turned on the heater, driving normally, and braking to the stoplight. I am a patient person. I HATE wasting time at a dealer. And that is just what I feel I did. I still love my FFE, but seriously, Ford, what the @#%$Y$#@%R#@$REWRT@E%TR@#R@#R. Get it? You are sewing the seeds of discontent.

Given that you are the first one on here to report a SSN error after getting the recall fix performed and it has been about four months since Ford released the fix I think that your issue is something unique in your car and not a common fault in all FFEs.
I think a return trip to the dealer is in order...
At the "height" of the problem 3 or 4 people a week were reporting SSN issues. Since the recall has been issued there have been none until your report here.

Back