Stop Safely Now - New information

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcelt007

Last week I had to take my 2014 Focus electric in for the SSN issue for the second time. The first time, back in May, the dealer cleaned the connector and applied conductive grease to the smaller terminal as instructed by the TSB. This time, however, the technician called Ford and was given some new information about the cause of the SSN's related to the High Voltage Interlock. It appears that a short can develop between the outer conductive shield and the power circuit in the cable. The details can be found in the Customer Satisfaction Program 15N03 document on the Oasis Motorcraft service website. This time the dealer replaced the cable. So far so good. Hopefully this will cut down the wait times that some have experienced while the dealers are trying to fix the problem.

Good luck to you. Dealer has replaced my wiring harness TWiCE. And yesterday I went to drive the car, and got the SSN nag.

That means to date, my car is on its third harness and still isn't right.

Jeff

I'll probably do that, but I'm not encouraged by having learned that dealers are only minimally trained on the FFE. By corporate design, they are wholly dependent on Ford Engineering who tells service what tests to run, then what to do next. Somewhat like the offshore help-line folks who are similarly script driven, methinks.

The SSN that I got on my 15 FFE and had serviced was due to a loose ground cable connection. There was a ground cable that ties to the frame that I believe they ended up finding and fixing. They look the car for a test drive and happened to trigger the SSN, probably the first time in history that a mechanic was able to replicate the issue ;), and they were able to figure out between the code that was logged and working through the wiring. In all it took less than a day to figure it out, I know that was extremely lucky though.

Back