Stop Safely Now after Software Update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bev_la

Today is Day1 at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. About a year after the software update for "Stop Safely Now" our FFE stopped 3X in the last week for SSN. Including today on the way into service. Happens in the morning within a few blocks from the house. The car restarts but stops for no reason for SSN.

Anyone else w SSN issues after the recall?

Since the software update it appears that the issues are all real that trigger the SSN. Did you run a VHR when it happened? That can help the dealer to diagnose the issue by documenting the code.

The dealer should be able to get the fault code? I recall that was an issue w the initial SSN problem.. no fault codes? Dealer waited 7 hours to look at the car and now says its the battery connector. Part delivery TBD.

The connector was replaced last week and the FFE stopped twice this morning "Stop Safely Now". This only seems to happen in the morning. Back to Ford service where the techs will be clueless.

hybridbear said:
Since the software update it appears that the issues are all real that trigger the SSN. Did you run a VHR when it happened? That can help the dealer to diagnose the issue by documenting the code.

I concur with this. False alarms seem to have stopped. I'd assume it's a genuine fault that needs correction.

I posted my experience with my SSN back in August where it took 40 days to get my car back. Mine was the battery itself. When mine died, I decided to leave the car on so the dealer can troubleshoot with the car in complain mode. I was hoping they would be able to pull codes. However, when Ford Roadside assistance told me the wait would be an hour, I decided to try and restart the car...turn off, open door, close door, turn on...but it still got SSN. Then I called AAA and got the car at the dealer in 30min.

Unfortunately, there were no codes available, but they were able to hook it up and run tests that produced error codes. They worked with Ford to diagnose. They packaged up the battery for Ford to fix and they sent it back.

I don't want to jinx anything, but no complaints so far....knock on wood. However, I do keep all the documentation on this just in case.

Back