SSN after recall, and a service at the dealership

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb85025

I keep on getting SSN every few days (twice this morning), and always at low speeds. Car was at the dealership for 2 days two weeks ago, and still had the same issue a day after I got it.
The service guy said that the only thing that Ford advised them to do is tighten the connectors.
Anyone with the same experience?
BTW thanks to this forum, I stop the car, stop the "ignition" open the door, close the door, wait a few seconds and I am good to go.

BB

What model year is your FFE? And, more precisely, do you know the date it was manufactured? This will give us an idea what firmware your FFE is likely to have had when driven "off the lot".

The reason we want to know about the firmware is that there was a recall (to install new firmware) last year. This update basically fixed all the SSN issues (although there is always the outside possibility that your SSNs are being caused by something else).

So, the most important initial question here is... has your FFE had the recall applied?

There were posts from some saying they received SSns due to low 12v battery voltage. Could be your 12v battery is going.
A long shot perhaps, but you never know.

it is a 2013 FFE, reprograming was done a few months back, still getting SSN message every few days. I am sure that it was re-programmed.
BB

bb85025 said:
it is a 2013 FFE, reprograming was done a few months back, still getting SSN message every few days. I am sure that it was re-programmed.
BB
It's possible that they re-programming wasn't performed properly. Even if it was, at the very least, I would think that Ford corporate would be interested in debugging your car, not just say "tighten the connections".

Insist on having your dealership escalate your case. Your car should not be issuing any SSN messages.

At the dealership now. Will update this if new information comes up
Update: Dealer replaced BCDC signal wire
BB

Back