'Squeeling' during Go-Time Warmup

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcowger

Hi Everyone,

Came out to my car this morning about 1 minute after go time, and it was doing its normal whirring of the fans, etc.

However, it also had a bit of a squeal coming from under the hood...much like a fan belt.

Anyone heard this one before? I'd rather not take it in :(. The car is still very new (less than 2 weeks, and about 800mi, so it could just be wearing in, and it was colder than usual last night.....

mcowger said:
Hi Everyone,

Came out to my car this morning about 1 minute after go time, and it was doing its normal whirring of the fans, etc.

However, it also had a bit of a squeal coming from under the hood...much like a fan belt.

Anyone heard this one before? I'd rather not take it in :(. The car is still very new (less than 2 weeks, and about 800mi, so it could just be wearing in, and it was colder than usual last night.....
Was it heating or cooling for the Go Time?

hybridbear said:
mcowger said:
Hi Everyone,

Honestly not sure. My go time is set for Auto 72*, and my garage at that time of day is probably in the 65* range...so maybe heating?

mcowger said:
hybridbear said:
mcowger said:
Hi Everyone,

Honestly not sure. My go time is set for Auto 72*, and my garage at that time of day is probably in the 65* range...so maybe heating?
Strange...so far all our Go Times are set to 65 F so the car is always cooling because our underground garage is usually about 70+ in the summer.

Perfectly normal... The accessories in ice cars make noise but usually covered up by engine noise. My ffe makes noises while cooling or heating with fans and pumps circulating fluids either for the ac or heat or battery management. No worries unless it is really loud.
H

Back