some possible issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vetboy45

I've had my focus for about 3 days and am really enjoying it. There are a couple things that have been bothering me but I'm not sure if they are issues with my car or if they are all that way. The first is that I don't have one touch closing on my drivers window, even when I pull all the way back on the tab. The second is that the button with the paint pallet button for different color schemes for the ambient lighting and the knob you twist to make it dimmer or brighter both seem to do nothing. What is everyone else's experience?

Re: "One-touch" power windows

The one-touch feature can be enabled or disabled with the following procedure:

1) Start with the window fully up.
2) Press and continuously hold the switch down while the window goes down.
3) At the bottom, continue holding the switch down for at least 3 more seconds.
4) Then immediately pull and continuously hold the switch up while the window goes back up.
5) At the top, continue holding the switch up for at least 3 more seconds.

Re: Ambient lighting control

I have a couple thoughts:

1) You may have inadvertently activated "search mode" and left it on. Search mode maximizes all interior lighting, including the ambient lighting, which it forces to "white" at the brightest level. The search mode is controlled by the button located to the right of the ambient intensity dial.
2) When you open the doors, the ambient lighting (in the doors) turns red, but returns the normal upon closing.

If neither of these explain what's happening to you, what color is your ambient lighting "stuck" at?

Thanks, the drivers window is now working just fine. I guess I missed those instructions in the owners manual. I'll check the ambient lighting tonight.

So I tried the lighting controls last night and they worked as advertised. Hard to say what I did wrong when I was trying them out earlier but I think it's safe to say the problem was me, not the the FFE. Thanks for the help guys.

Back