Software Revision Level

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure there are several different software at work in this car.
Regarding specifically for Sync and MyFordTouch, you can check the current version information at
syncmyride.com page, under sync updates tab. The list of installed Sync components and versions are displayed on the right hand side of the screen.
The link is: http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UpdateCenter/UpdateCenterLanding.aspx

OK, I followed the link AireV provided and found that I have Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1 installed. This is the new version that has been discussed on the forum that is now available. I wondered, my car is new but I believe it had been on the lot for a while.

Mark

It could be that the dealership had allready done the update.
If you still have the window sticker, look along the top edge of the sheet. You should find a date code. This will be the manufacture date.
VIN numbers with a CL in it are 2012, a VIN with DL in it is a 2013 model year.

Model year 2013 does not necessarily mean the car has Sync 3.5.1.
My FFE is 2013 but still had the version 3.1 until it was updated to v3.5.1 at a dealer last week.

Be careful after we received this software update the My Ford Mobile applicaton stopped working. We also just had an issue with the car shutting down in traffic as well. The dealer stated that it wasn't the software I'm not so sure about this.
This is a safety issue that is going to get someone hurt. This Stop Safely Now error is happening to other car owners and seems to be happening more frequently from what I'm reading on the boards.

Back