Scheduled Maintenance

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVF

Is this really the only scheduled maintenance for these cars?

At every 1 year or 10,000 miles (16,000 km) service

Rotate tires, inspect tire wear and measure tread
depth
Perform multi-point inspection (recommended)
Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake
linings, hoses and parking brake
Inspect cabin air filter (if equipped)
Inspect cooling system level, strength and hoses
Inspect half-shaft boots (if equipped)
Inspect steering linkage, ball joints, suspension,
tie-rod ends, driveshaft and U-joints; lubricate if
equipped with grease fittings
Inspect wheels and related components for
abnormal noise, wear, looseness or drag

Every 20,000 miles

Replace cabin air filter (if equipped)

At 10 years or 150,000 miles

Change coolant and coolant filter*

That looks like what I saw in my manual.
My FFE has ~2000 mi so far so I haven't had maintenance yet. It would be nice to hear from any higher mile owners who have done the first 10k maintenance... how did the service go, how much did it cost?

I've got 8.3K miles on mine, need to start thinking about this 10K service.... anyone take theirs to the dealer for this yet? How much did it cost?

Anyone just do it themselves? That's what I'm leaning toward. Most of my arguably glorious misspent youth was flat on my back with a socket wrench in hand, or perhaps a hammer, channellock, and duct tape if that's all I had (any rallyists out there?). The stuff on the 10K maintenance schedule should be a piece of cake for most backyard mechanics and has-been amateur racers.

Or... anyone just blow it off?

v_traveller said:
I've got 8.3K miles on mine, need to start thinking about this 10K service.... anyone take theirs to the dealer for this yet? How much did it cost?
The 10K service doesn't seem like much... just a bunch of inspections, almost like those one would do on any other car (and that they supposedly do when you get an oil change at some place like JiffyLube). I dunno, doesn't really seem like much of a "service" is required.

I'm not sure the cabin air filter needs to be replaced that frequently (unless you live in a dusty area). I never replaced it on my last (12-year old *cough*) car.

So, the only "real" maintenance would seem to be the coolant at 150K miles. And, of course, tires at some point. The brakes will probably last the lifetime of the car.

EVF said:
Is this really the only scheduled maintenance for these cars?
For my 3 yr / 31.5k mile lease, I plan on changing the wiper blades. That's it.

Don'tcha love EVs?

WP

This I think is the best feature. I'll rotate the tires and inspect the brakes that we don't nearly use. I don't know if I'd trust the coolant past 5 years but that is a long ways away.

I was quoted $46 for the work annually when I leased the car.

This contrasts with $450 for my Tesla Roadster that requires a hi-pot test and the replacement of the HVAC coolant.

I just had my scheduled maintenance completed today... $24! Tire rotation and a few checks... Pretty sweet considering the standard estimate was $96

Back