Remaining 2014 FFE Inventory

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brogult

Does anyone have any idea what the remaining inventory of 2014 FFEs is, nationwide or locally? I'm just curious--it looks like they may well sell out completely given what I see locally.

I think the Midwest is a pretty low volume FFE market? Aren't EV-certified dealers a rarity there?

When we go ours here in SoCal, end of October, there were at least 100 of them within range of our house. Now I'm seeing 2!

I just checked the in stock inventory listed thru the Ford website for all the Ford dealers near me in San Diego County and none had any stock of FFEs left at all.
They did show 1 or 2 FFEs from "extended intentory" which is probably if they traded for one from a dealer, probably around Los Angeles.
But back in October the local dealers still had several in stock, the big price drop must have helped them clear them all out last month.
I noticed they have lots of stock of 2015 Energi models (Cmax and Fusion) already.

Cars.com will show a nationwide search. I don't think the URL will paste correctly, but when I searched just now I found only 28 in the entire country!!

2012 - 6
2013 - 3
2014 - 14
2015 - 5

The 2015s must be dealers with incoming orders that are showing them online already since I don't think any 2015 FFEs are on dealer lots. It seems like a lot have sold. The November hybridcars.com Dashboard only shows 191 FFEs sold...

When did Ford stop manufacturing the 2014 FFE?

OK, so it looks like they are nearly sold out. I think cars.com has some errors (they show 5 leftover 2012 models at a dealer in Sacramento...) but Autotrader and ford.com agree as far as I can tell.

There are 3 2013 and 1 2012 "leftovers", all of which appear to have been salesproofed (expensive add ons--one site shows a $51k MSRP), so they deserve to look at them for a while. Then there are 12 total 2014 FFEs nationwide, 2 in SoCal. I wonder if the dealers are still dealing or if they figure there is someone out there that will pay up.

I have had 6 different dealerships working to find one anywhere in the nation. After more than 5 weeks of searching and a couple light bites, I have given up. We finally found one a couple weeks ago but they would not transfer it unless the dealership paid $4k above invoice. That was the only one and it was in CA. Since I live in GA, I was not about to add $4k to my purchase price and pay $1500 to transport it (the dealer said someone could drive it out until I reminded him it was electric and only had an 80 mile range :D ). Good luck on your search but it seems like an uphill battle.

Back