Reboot SYNC? (no channel number showing in the 6 text boxes)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naterry

Hi, from two days ago, the 6 text boxes showing pre-set radio channel number (in home page) stopped displaying the numbers. I was thinking to reboot SYNC (you know, the first step of troubleshooting for Windows is to reboot the computer). Is there a way to do that?

Or did you have the same problem before?

Thank you.

If you can find the fuse for Sync, pull it for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

Otherwise you can just disconnect the negative post on the 12V battery for a few minutes and reset the whole car.

Please follow up with your solution.

This one is a known bug. Just scroll through FM1 to FM2 back around to FM1 and you should see the text. (I went and programmed all three banks to match...) This should be fixed in the next software update.

The dealer will certainly do it if we want them to (and some updates may require dealer involvement) but for many of the Sync updates, I think we'll be able to do it via the USB interface. (I've heard that Ford might sent us the update USB stick in the mail!)

Back