Rear camera picture isn't sharp and clear, it's kinda blurry

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper7821

The salesman and I both agreed that the camera doesn't have a clear picture.
Just curious if anyone else has the same issue.
It seems like it's just a little out of focus.

You might be expecting too much. :) The picture isn't "hi-def" -- even at its best, you might be able to call it "slightly blurry". To me, it just looks like a standard-def TV image, probably somewhat worse.

When you were with the salesman, did you compare yours to another FFE on the lot? If the images looked the same in both, then your camera is probably fine and you're, unfortunately, expecting too much.

But, if your lens is nice and clean, perhaps something is truly wrong with your camera. Perhaps there is some internal condensation or fogging (that you can't clean away) that is making the image look bad?

WattsUp said:
You might be expecting too much. :) The picture isn't "hi-def" -- even at its best, you might be able to call it "slightly blurry". To me, it just looks like a standard-def TV image, probably somewhat worse.

When you were with the salesman, did you compare yours to another FFE on the lot? If the images looked the same in both, then your camera is probably fine and you're, unfortunately, expecting too much.

But, if your lens is nice and clean, perhaps something is truly wrong with your camera. Perhaps there is some internal condensation or fogging (that you can't clean away) that is making the image look bad?

I'll look at another FFE today when I go by the dealer to drop off some stuff.
Thanks.
The image looks like it's from an 1950's tv set.
I know my BMW backup camera was probably way better but this one just looks out of focus.
I can make out the images but that are nowhere near being sharp and clear.
We'll see when i look at another one.

That's just the way it is. I'm used to it now but it did bug me at first since I was used to an HD rear view camera.

vetboy45 said:
That's just the way it is. I'm used to it now but it did bug me at first since I was used to an HD rear view camera.

Ahh, ok so maybe it's just a cheap camera then.

Back