Ouch - 41% Drop from August

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twscrap

While the FFEs numbers were still relatively strong in September, C-Max and Fusion Energi tanked this month.

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

One of the biggest issues Ford has is that the plants that produce these vehicles are running at maximum production building the regular versions. They dont' have room to add in the extra orders for the EV's and we all know the regular versions are more profitable (we just don't know if the EV's are unprofitable). So we (the dealers that sell these and the customers that buy them) get screwed because lack of capacity.

Two things caught my attention on that page...

1. BMW I3 sales are very high.

2. GM is confirming a 200 mile, $30K EV in 2016 or 17

Ford better get with the the EV game. How about a 200 mile Lincoln EV as a Tesla competitor? or a 200 mile FFE with no back seat, pure hatchback?

michael said:
Ford better get with the the EV game. How about a 200 mile Lincoln EV as a Tesla competitor? or a 200 mile FFE with no back seat, pure hatchback?
A 200 mile Lincoln MKZ would be perfect (Ford equivalent vehicle is the Fusion).

michael said:
2. GM is confirming a 200 mile, $30K EV in 2016 or 17

And also Nissan has rumored that their 2nd generation Leaf in 2017 will have an extended range battery available, supposed to be around 180mile range. So that seems to tie into the GM similar timeframe and range estimate.
Hopefully that means in 3 years several longer range EVs will be available, if Ford continues the FFE or other all electric model(s) they would have to go with a longer range battery as well to compete at that time I would think.
Thats why I did a 3 year lease at this time, when the lease is over those new extended range models should be out or at least full info on them for when they would come out shortly.

Back